GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I now come bearded..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/11/09 at 08:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Probably one for the guys on the forum (unless you are a female so pumped with steroids and testosterone that you may be eligible to take part in the debate...)

I have decided to grow out my beard. I'm sure we all have done it at some stage and I was wondering how long it took you to shave it off again. Or did you decide to keep it? Any tips on getting pass that itchy stage?

I think the last shave I had was last Monday, so today marks the week point. And the record for myself.

And I'm sure facebook pics will follow before the enevitable beard shave commences...
Wed 09/12/09 at 08:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> Yeah, the Fusion blades are something else. I tried using the
> Mach3s and just ended up cutting myself repeatedly, was not a > fun shave.

I ended up losing the handlepiece for mine and didn't fancy buying another - their blades are quite nice to just hold in your hand and use. Bit tricky to start, but in my desperate attempts to shave one morning and with no other choice I made do with the situation and gives a brilliant shave. Only works on the fusion ones though, any others and my face looks like it came out worse in a fight with a lawnmower.

> Not tried an electric shaver, but the warning label saying
> that the first few times may cause a rash...not liking those
> odds.

First few times? Used one (on and off) for just over a year and ended up with a nasty shaving rash every time. Really nasty ones as well (so instead of a fight with a lawnmower, my face looked like it was being washed with nettles...

*notices he's very bad at making similies...*
Tue 08/12/09 at 21:37
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
hippyman wrote:
> I love using the Fusion blades. My skin is picky to some extent
> - needs at least a double blade and cannot be an electric shaver.
> The more blades the better actually - generally I tend to make
> the bathroom look like a scene from the Saw movies when I shave.
> Hence another pro point for the beard!

Yeah, the Fusion blades are something else. I tried using the Mach3s and just ended up cutting myself repeatedly, was not a fun shave. Not tried an electric shaver, but the warning label saying that the first few times may cause a rash...not liking those odds.
Tue 08/12/09 at 21:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> Well, Fusion are like 5 for £10, but they're the only ones
> that seem to agree with my skin, so I either have to choose
> expensive or a face full of rash, I think i'll take the wallet
> hit.

I love using the Fusion blades. My skin is picky to some extent - needs at least a double blade and cannot be an electric shaver. The more blades the better actually - generally I tend to make the bathroom look like a scene from the Saw movies when I shave. Hence another pro point for the beard!
Tue 08/12/09 at 16:36
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
hippyman wrote:
> *used 3 blades from a pound shop (5 razors for a pound...). I
> think I may stock up, but you are right, some are ridiculously
> expensive!

Well, Fusion are like 5 for £10, but they're the only ones that seem to agree with my skin, so I either have to choose expensive or a face full of rash, I think i'll take the wallet hit.
Tue 08/12/09 at 14:25
Regular
I can usually go about 5 or 6 days, but it gets too itchy. No with my job I have to look smart when I got out and see clients - last week I had to shave everyday, and I found it such a chore!
Tue 08/12/09 at 14:07
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> Well that's like £6 worth of razors right there. That's the
> main reason why I'm gunna be shaving weekly*, the cost.

*used 3 blades from a pound shop (5 razors for a pound...). I think I may stock up, but you are right, some are ridiculously expensive!
Mon 07/12/09 at 21:29
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Well that's like £6 worth of razors right there. That's the main reason why I'm gunna be shaving weekly*, the cost.

* I saw that now, bets are I won't shave from now untl 2010.
Mon 07/12/09 at 18:51
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
HighflyerVII wrote:
> And besides, shaving it off after months of not shaving requires
> far too much effort.

I did indeed use 3 razors...

But loving my proper stubble though :D
Mon 07/12/09 at 16:44
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
As a student, compulsory laziness dictates that I mustn't shave my beard until it gets the point where water can't penetrate it to get to my face. Uses too many razors now though, and I can't really afford to buy them, so i've decided to try and keep on top of the shaving. Lots of girls comment that I look a lot better clean shaven, so who am I to question them?

And besides, shaving it off after months of not shaving requires far too much effort.
Mon 07/12/09 at 16:24
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I got rid of it 2 days later than I said I would in my previous post...haha, work want me to grow it back.

It's growing back - and I now have ROUGH stubble - it feels much more like real stubble than the stuff I used to have. Slowly growing back now and a beard trimmer will be on my wishlist...

My new style + my beard has attracted a lot of female attention, so obviously worth growing back... :p

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.