GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should I draw?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/11/09 at 15:00
Regular
Everyone having a nice day? Great! This thread is a little selfish so I hope you'll forgive me. As you know I'm a bit of an artist and I would really appreciate your help.

I didn't go to art school or even take art class so I still have a lot to learn and only by practising can I improve. So what I would like you to do is suggest random things for me to draw. This will be great practise for me and hopefully I'll get better at sketching digitally with my new wacom tablet.

It can be an object, piece of furniture, a comic character, a cartoon character, a celebrity, an anime character, a video game character, a mobile phone, a vehicle, a building, literally anything at all. And if someone has already suggested a video game character, then don't be put off suggesting another.

I'll keep track of all the suggestions and hopefully (if it's good) I'll post the sketches. So don't be shy, I'll happily draw anything/anyone and if you have an image for reference, even better, but not a requirement.

Note: Oh and it's much more fun and motivational if I ask you guys to give me ideas rather than sit here and try and come up with them myself.

Disclaimer : Although I'm happy to draw anything, I'll probably pass on suggestions like drawing naked Disney characters. Sorry Alfonse

[b]SUGGESTIONS[/b]

Alfonse
Elmo, Lindsay Lohan

[b]COMPLETED[/b]

n/a
Thu 03/12/09 at 20:02
Regular
"eat toast!"
Incidently, i would like to see some artwork from a few members here. Come on, don't be shy, i've given you nude ladies! I've showen to you how i suck so much at art! The least you can do is show me some of your artwork!
Thu 03/12/09 at 18:39
Regular
"eat toast!"
tis a shame. Was expecting some artwork. I might upload some of my more recent stuff. But its not really great in anyway. More random scribbles from the master of rubbish art.
Thu 03/12/09 at 12:41
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Seems he's gone AWOL :D
Tue 01/12/09 at 16:39
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
How about the Simpsons?
Tue 01/12/09 at 13:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Here's a few. Draw your depiction of what everyone on the forums looks like. Hmmm... especially :D (I like to think he is a question mark with glasses)

And me as someone who just stares at pictures of evil monkey, just wanting to be him :(

Or how about taking inspiration from something on TV? Like the latest "Life" series. Some real good footage to inspire you in there.
Tue 01/12/09 at 08:05
"possibly impossible"
Machie, I think you should just try to draw what we all look like in your mind.

Even if you already know what some of us look like in real life!
Mon 30/11/09 at 20:15
Regular
"eat toast!"
Thats why i never took art in gcse onwards despite enjoying art. You never drew what you wanted to draw nor did they ever tell you how to achieve it.

If they just gave us the fundamentals of learning proportion, anatomy, perspective, observation, it would have been great. Instead they made us attempt art from other cultures and the such, fine, but its not what i wanted to learn. I wanted to learn how to get better.

If i just bothered to go searching online back in 1999 or whenever i first got my 56k modem internet and looked up drawing tuts and art, i would have carried on intensely. If i knew that books like how to draw manga and burne hogarth exsisted, i would have carried on drawing throughout my entire secondary school time. Instead i didn't. I decided that being the best among my small circle of friends was enough. How foolish to think that i could be complacent in my art when i was the best there. I should have carried on practicing and evolved my artwork and get more out of it.
Mon 30/11/09 at 19:29
Regular
"How Ironic"
I recently gave in my final piece for the first unit of my A-level course. We're going to some Woods in Yorkshire soon to draw trees and all sorts of 'green' things. Should be pretty... boring.
Mon 30/11/09 at 18:55
Regular
"eat toast!"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Your 'old' link doesn't seem to work and your 'new' link produces
> images that would suggest you need to 'try a bit harder' :-)
>
> But I can agree with your comment regarding 'shading' techniques
> and use.

I never did say i was the best. But considering the amount of effort and the older work (link isn't working because geocities is dead), i've come a long way.

Admittedly i should take things to the next level and start learning to shade and learn to use tone to define areas rather then using lines. Hence my attempts at clueless shading. Its getting slightly better, but still i haven't a clue how things go.

As for the graphic tablet work, i would colour it in if i actually knew how to use the apps and the tech properly.

EDIT: incidently can we see your artwork? If you can help me that would be great. But so far practice, practice just isn't going to cut it. Its like asking me to chop a tree down with my face.
Mon 30/11/09 at 08:19
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> If only I could Alfonse :) I'll take your Elmo and Lohan
> suggestion, although I'm trying to find some good pictures of
> her. Alcohol and drugs have really harmed her looks.

I'm for these pics too. Maybe, but she's still surprisingly attractive...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.