GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stand-up comedians"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/11/09 at 11:50
Regular
Just a quick thread for the weekend.

Who are your favourite stand-up comics and more importantly, who do you really hate? They can be British, American, etc.

Also do you pick up any of their DVDs or have you been to any of their shows or would like to eventually?

List of stand-up comedians
Mon 07/12/09 at 17:54
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Favourites:

Bill Hicks
Billy Connolly
Eddie Izzard
Ed Byrne
Bill Bailey
The Mock the Week Panel
And probably loads more whose names I never remembered

Dislike:

Jimmy Carr
Russell Brand
Patrick Kielty
Sun 29/11/09 at 19:53
Regular
"How Ironic"
My absolute top comedian is Eddie Izzard no question.
Sun 29/11/09 at 12:54
Regular
"Let's blow stuff up"
Like:
Dawn French
Alan Carr
Michael McIntyre
Jack Dee
Frankie Boyle
Shappi Khorsandi
Russel Howard
Tom Stade
Jason Manford
John Bishop
Rhod Gilbert
Jo Brand
Kerry Godliman
Sean Lock
Ava Vidal
Sarah Millican and many more

Dislike
Russel Brand
Kevin Bridges
Paul Tonkinson
and alot more!!
Sun 29/11/09 at 11:50
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Hate:
> Joan Rivers

I saw one of her sets on one of those 'Live at the Apollo' repeats on Dave. Truly terrible, and she also seemed a genuinely unlikable person...

Everything I've seen by Dara O'Briain is good, same with Bill Bailey. Although I think I've only seen one stand up set by him, I also like Russel Howard (the youngish blonde guy from Mock the Week), most of his stand-up-ish stuff from panel shows is pretty funny, although the new series he's doing on his own (forget what it's called) doesn't seem much cop.

Also enjoy Mark Thomas, not sure if he does that much stand up anymore, although he used to have a regular show (on Channel 4 I think) and he's done a few books. Pretty much all of his material is political in nature (as are his books) but it's still very funny.
Sun 29/11/09 at 11:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Sonic Chris wrote:
[...] There's a QI episode i need to see with both Eddie Izzard and Bill Bailey in :O

The best episode of QI, in my opinion, features Dara O'Briain, Bill Bailey and Phil Jupitus and they discuss, amongst other things, when Steven Fry's at Peter Cushing's house and he rings Christopher Lee; "Dracula and Van Helsing on the 'phone together!"

:-D
Sun 29/11/09 at 11:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
These are the ones who spring to mind without too much thought.

Eddie Izzard * *
Dara O'Briain
Jason Manfield
Jimmy Carr *
Jack Dee
Jeff Green *
Peter Serafinowicz
Bill Bailey
Phil Jupitus
Tommy Cooper
Ken Dodd *

Maybe
Jo Brand *
Russell Howard
Ed Byrne

* = ones I've seen
Sun 29/11/09 at 10:47
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pete_21 wrote:
> He's one I forgot, Roy 'Chubby' Brown perhaps the least funny
> 'comedian' of all time ?.

Have to agree with that pete. I also forgot Ben Elton - don't do him either:-(
Sun 29/11/09 at 09:24
Regular
"I like turtles"
He's one I forgot, Roy 'Chubby' Brown perhaps the least funny 'comedian' of all time ?.
Sat 28/11/09 at 21:08
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Shocking some of the people you don't like, and even more
> shocking some that you love! :P

Sorry Chris, but you are too young to understand - classic comics gave birth to some/most of today's comics, when you start to hear 'old' gags rejuvinated, you think 'no, not original'.

Only time will tell.
Sat 28/11/09 at 20:55
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ah! Dylan Moran, forgot to put him down. What a legend.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.