GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just dont trust SEGA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/07/01 at 20:27
Regular
its old news now that sega have come to terms with being beaten and have dropped out of the hardware side of the gaming business, and are now focusing all their etention on games for a selection of different machines.
but i just have this feeling that this is not truely the end of sega.i for one would not be one bit surprised if one day i came onto ukgames and there was a news article saying segas back.
they have done it so many times before,why not again.
right at this very moment they could be sat in a smoked filled room some where planning a new super console,one that woul paralise the PS2,murder the Microsoft X-box and nuke the nintendo game cube.
they probably arnt,but they might be.
segas not done yet......
Thu 12/07/01 at 12:27
Regular
""
What! i say Shigsy on the front cover of Edge I must get! Keep postin' reminder notes, 'cos I got a lousy memory!
Wed 11/07/01 at 22:15
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
DeltaJava wrote:
> Shigeru is designing the front cover of Edge's 100th issue.

REALLY!!! must must must get... oh yer... I have a subscription anyway! :p

Sonic
Wed 11/07/01 at 21:51
Regular
I don't trust Sega for another reason!

I am a huge Nintendo fan which most of you would probably assume to be my reason...

However I believe that Sega are quite a decent videogames company when they try.

The reason I don't trust them at the moment is because they haven't released Chu Chu Rocket for Game Boy Advance.

This is ment to be the very first game Sega have made to go on a Nintendo system.

This is a huge step forward in videogaming!

So why have they delayed the release? They've finished adapting the game for GBA so why not release it?
Wed 11/07/01 at 21:07
Shigeru is designing the front cover of Edge's 100th issue.
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:57
Regular
""
Sega wiil now live on as a games making master, i mean you can't have it all unless you're Shigeru Miyamato! Games, Consoles and oodles of money!
Wed 11/07/01 at 12:53
Regular
"not dead"
Sega have always been better at making games than they have been at making the consoles to make them on though!

I'm glad that Sega are now making games for all of the remaining (and as yet unreleased) consoles, and they don't seem to be backing any one over any other, so whatever corner we sit in, we'll all get a share of the Sega pie!

I doubt Sega will make another console. They won't need to, as they've only lost money on them in the past. As a third party developer they should be highly profitable, and will give EA a good run for their money to see which one ships the most units.
Wed 11/07/01 at 12:33
Regular
""
Dringo wrote:
> Sega Megadrive 3 we live in hope that they make a Console as good as
> that was in todays market!

I haven't got a sega of any sort, but I have played the games on the old sega consoles! But by the time I was able to afford Sega the N64 was out so I got that instead. Then the Dreamcast came out so I started to save up for that 'cos I thought the graphics were so awesome! When I had enough i found out how bad the Dreamcast was doin'. i decied to wait for the next Sega console to come out, but I then heard Sega are now only making games.
If a new Sega console comes out I'm ready for it, for I will have enough money to buy a Sega instead of the Gamecube or the X-Box. To tell the truth I would prefer a Sega any day, I can't wait for the day of Glory!
Wed 11/07/01 at 01:46
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
If you turn a GD-ROM over you'll see a small ring seperating the disk into two sections. This is a little change - but there is no reason in theory why a CD-ROM drive couldn't read the disk if that was the only problem. What does confuse matters is the very edge of the disk - a GD-ROM can have information written to its very edge whereas a CD-ROM doesn't (and hence a CD-ROM drive can't read this). I also think that GD-ROMs are read from this outter layer in towards the ring and this is how the copywrite bit is accomplished... though I'm not sure on that.

On the other issue - Sega won't have another console for a very very long time, I'd say never. There is no way they have one in development now for the simple reason that there is no way they could afford it! The amount of software they are pumping out (well, have in development) and their huge debts combined mean it would be simply impossible for them to even contemplate starting desigining a console from scratch.
Wed 11/07/01 at 01:07
Regular
Sega Megadrive 3 we live in hope that they make a Console as good as that was in todays market!
Tue 10/07/01 at 21:27
I wouldn't go aroung saying thatif I were you - Ninteno officials might be watching, and may turn up on your doorstep one day unexpectedly. Beware.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.