GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just dont trust SEGA"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/07/01 at 20:27
Regular
its old news now that sega have come to terms with being beaten and have dropped out of the hardware side of the gaming business, and are now focusing all their etention on games for a selection of different machines.
but i just have this feeling that this is not truely the end of sega.i for one would not be one bit surprised if one day i came onto ukgames and there was a news article saying segas back.
they have done it so many times before,why not again.
right at this very moment they could be sat in a smoked filled room some where planning a new super console,one that woul paralise the PS2,murder the Microsoft X-box and nuke the nintendo game cube.
they probably arnt,but they might be.
segas not done yet......
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:27
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
its old news now that sega have come to terms with being beaten and have dropped out of the hardware side of the gaming business, and are now focusing all their etention on games for a selection of different machines.
but i just have this feeling that this is not truely the end of sega.i for one would not be one bit surprised if one day i came onto ukgames and there was a news article saying segas back.
they have done it so many times before,why not again.
right at this very moment they could be sat in a smoked filled room some where planning a new super console,one that woul paralise the PS2,murder the Microsoft X-box and nuke the nintendo game cube.
they probably arnt,but they might be.
segas not done yet......
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:29
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
perhaps they will return with an advanced game gear.
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:30
It could be possible - after all, the formed head of Sega (now deceased) di donate a hefty sum of his own cash for Sega, just before he died. Hmm. Trust No-one (Survivor quote)
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:43
Could Dreamcast discs be read by a normal CD drive???

Because if they could then Sega may just release a 100% compatable Dreamcast emulator for the PC when they have sold the majority of their remaining Dreamcast consoles. That would give them a big boost, and maybe revive the Dreamcast.
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:46
I don't think so - something to do with the laser which reads the CD/GD is of a different nature from each other. Or something - I'll tell you in more detail once I've learnt all anbout it in 6 years time.
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:50
Would a DVD drive read a Dreamcast disc???
Tue 10/07/01 at 20:52
Err... why don't you try it?
Tue 10/07/01 at 21:02
I dont have a DVD drive or a Dreamcast GD Disc for that matter.
Tue 10/07/01 at 21:07
Tell you what, I'll try it on my DC - but the only DVDs I have are from PC Format, and are therefore data discs. Shall I try anyway?
Tue 10/07/01 at 21:18
Cant do any harm (Famous Last Word =-D )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.