GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boktai"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hands'.
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:02
Regular
A game that gets effected by sunlight. Quite a good idea for a mild horror game.

It's a shame the game is boring.

Going back today.
Thu 03/06/04 at 16:55
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
You don't see the problem... it wouldn't benefit Nintendo....

no that's right, it would benefit us!! I hadn't realised this was a site for shareholders, obviously...

I bought Link's Awakening for a tenner just the other month, about 30 mins after I decided to look for it. Really hard to get hold of? No.
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:43
Regular
They're not commonly available in the shops anymore - not the main ones.

And Nintendo don't benefit from pre-owned games.

And if you already have a Game Boy capable of playing, then it doesn't put you at a loss.
Thu 03/06/04 at 18:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Saves you carrying around two bits of kit if it all played on the DS.
Thu 03/06/04 at 20:10
Regular
How many people carry all their games around with them all the time - let alone have time to play more than one thing on the go?
Thu 03/06/04 at 23:01
Regular
"thursdayton!"
That would just be me then :P
Fri 04/06/04 at 10:13
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Edgy wrote:
> And Nintendo don't benefit from pre-owned games.

There you go again - is this the highest form of slavish fanboyness or what? Should you not be more concerned with what benefits you, than what benefits Nintendo?

Even though you seem to enjoy being treated badly if it means financial gain for an unrelated company, it is actually worse for Nintendo overall. Because if Nintendo keep gamers happy, they actually make money! Crazy but it works.
Fri 04/06/04 at 10:25
Regular
Oh for christ sake, I have a GBA and I have a vast array of GB and GBC software, as this software has been improved upon in the current generation of GB hardware the older GB titles don't get played.

If you are complaining you can't buy games released 5 years ago on a machine designed to re-invent the future then I'm shocked. You can play Zelda: The Minish cap, the Mario advance series, the latest 2D Metroid games, the best of the Advance Wars series, Mario and Pokemon pinball and that's not to mention the new and improved re-makes of Green and Red.

If it was an easy 5 minute job to implement a GB and GBC backward capability then Nintendo would have done it because it means they can boast a higher capacity of games you can play on the DS. I'm presuming it isn't, and as GBA software will be freely avalible before, during and after the DS launch then it is understandable.

If you think about it Nintendo are saving you from carrying a DS and a GBA around with you if you want to continue both franchises.

The DS is an independant hardware device from the GB series, I mean at least the GBA is still good for something.

And you cannot link the DS to the Gamecube.
Fri 04/06/04 at 10:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'll admit - when I got a GBA< despite my numerous GB titles, I never played any of them.
Fri 04/06/04 at 10:34
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Well I got my GBA and saw it as an opportunity to play all the GB games I'd missed out on over the years, which is exactly what I did and I'm still doing.

You zealots need some focus, you're always dredging up Nintendo's past history in arguments about the quality of their games.. now you're saying it's all obsolete and irrelevant!
Fri 04/06/04 at 10:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm just saying that I rarely used teh GB/GBC thing to play GB/GBC games.

We're not saying it's a good thing, mon ami. We're just saying that's no catastrophe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.