GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Useless Button"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/07/01 at 14:25
Regular
Control pads were meant to be utilised by the gamer,not become stale and un-used.The one button that is subject to this is the select button.....Lets be honest,who uses the damn thing.i for sure dont.It is so pointless to put it in,never gets used.Who here agress with me?....I wish Sony wouldnt put the rubber in my pad.......
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:13
It's better yo under use than over use, if you know what I mean. Just look at banjo-Tooie - the plethora of new moves learnt make it impossible to remember them all unless you're a Rare programmer.
Thu 12/07/01 at 20:04
On the PS2 select is used for changin options while playing a DVD. And you use in Tekken Tag to go back menus.
Thu 12/07/01 at 19:51
Regular
"Don't mess"
i never even knew what scroll lock was for!!

Select is useless

also, my tv remote has about 10 little buttons that just make a little red light come on in the corner of the screen??????

F1-F12 are used in deus ex so DON'T DIS!!!!
Wed 11/07/01 at 22:08
"High polygon count"
You can't use pipes or slashes in the name.
Wed 11/07/01 at 18:20
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Why can I not change my name to |\/|J. Who is called this as someone must or I would be able to call myself it.
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Shocktrooper wrote:
> Guru - change your name back to MJ...NOW! We know you as MJ, we want
> to know you as MJ and you MUST be MJ! Plus, you remind me, and gawd
> knows who else, of...CHEATGURU!

Go on, for your old mate Shocky.

But this is my original name and I like it Shocky. I don't know if I should change it back either. Maybe I like reminding people of Cheatguru.........?!?!?!?!

};> I am the Devil
Tue 10/07/01 at 23:35
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Guru - change your name back to MJ...NOW! We know you as MJ, we want to know you as MJ and you MUST be MJ! Plus, you remind me, and gawd knows who else, of...CHEATGURU!

Go on, for your old mate Shocky.
Tue 10/07/01 at 23:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Changing views on countless games and exiting demos on OPS1&2 now shut up about it.
Tue 10/07/01 at 22:50
please,you cant honestly tell me that you find the select button usefull
Tue 10/07/01 at 22:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
HOW ABOUT THE MOST USELESS COMTROLLER OF ALL TIME: THE KEYBOARD!

Think about it... F1-F12 Does anyone remember what they do!

Break: used to stop old dos programs running

Pause: pauses old dos programs

Scroll lock and the Num pad: we already have a perfectly good set of numbers on the pad AND a page up/down button... why have a num pad and scroll lock too!

ALT Gr: What??? never ever used that one! We have mice now!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.