GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameboy piracy ?????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/06/04 at 12:32
Regular
Yesterday by brother bought "Sonic Advance 2" Game cartridge, it came complete with the box and the manual, packages, and everything. And when I was reading the manual, they mentiomed that something should be referred at page 25 while the manual was only 6 pages!! So does that mean that it's a fake ? or maybe they made a mistake ? O r are there gameboy pirate copies and I don't know about it ? Also if someone has sonic advance 2 please tell me how many pages is the manual.
Wed 02/06/04 at 12:32
Regular
Yesterday by brother bought "Sonic Advance 2" Game cartridge, it came complete with the box and the manual, packages, and everything. And when I was reading the manual, they mentiomed that something should be referred at page 25 while the manual was only 6 pages!! So does that mean that it's a fake ? or maybe they made a mistake ? O r are there gameboy pirate copies and I don't know about it ? Also if someone has sonic advance 2 please tell me how many pages is the manual.
Wed 02/06/04 at 12:35
Regular
There are various ways to tell.

1. Does the game cartridge have the Official Seal of Quality?
If so, what shape is it?

2. What age rating is on the packaging and cartridge (if applicable)?

3. Did it come with a precautions booklet?

4. Where was it bought from? (and was it new or pre-owned)

These are just some of the many ways.
Wed 02/06/04 at 13:09
Regular
": ("
I had the same issue when I bought two Gameboy Advance games about a year ago.
They both looked brand new but when I read the manual the text was cut off, pictures were really light and it just looked really fake.
The game was fine though.
Wed 02/06/04 at 14:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
What could have happend is someone was selling on the game and printed up a manky copy of the booklet so the shop excepted it as second hand. Sometimes they want the instructions.

But if the game is fine, why worry? I never read instructions anyway. More fun to work it all out yourself.
Wed 02/06/04 at 14:29
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
My Sonic Advance 2 booklet has 36 pages...
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:02
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> There are various ways to tell.
>
> 1. Does the game cartridge have the Official Seal of Quality?
> If so, what shape is it?
Yes. Infront there is a white -egg shaped- circle that says: "official Nintendo seal of quality.

> 2. What age rating is on the packaging and cartridge (if
> applicable)?
Everyone. Rated by Esrb.

> 3. Did it come with a precautions booklet?
What's that ?

> 4. Where was it bought from? (and was it new or pre-owned)
New. And you wouldn't recognise the store.
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:02
Regular
Microchips wrote:
> My Sonic Advance 2 booklet has 36 pages...
It's a european distribution, right ?
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:04
Regular
tphi wrote:
> What could have happend is someone was selling on the game and printed
> up a manky copy of the booklet so the shop excepted it as second
> hand. Sometimes they want the instructions.
>
> But if the game is fine, why worry? I never read instructions anyway.
> More fun to work it all out yourself.
It works, actually it's a really cool and brilliant game, I just want to know. And maybe the original has better quality, am I right or wrong or what ?
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yes, it is a European copy.

The Seal Of Quality should be a circular shape, not an egg. The US have an oval shape, but not an egg...

Mine is rated 3+ by ELSPA, the only other one is PEGI, and the British one (You see it on films etc... the red circular PG, 15, 18 ratings)
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Take one GBA game box you have, and the Sonic Advance box, and put them side by side. Does the Sonic Advance box look like it was made out of a different cardboard perhaps?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.