GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Choices....Choices....?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/06/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I have got 40 quid to use to buy a new game and I am looking for one to waste my well-earned dosh on. I have gradually narrowed it down to two. Have your say and you might well influence the decision of Wakka.

What should I get:

RED DEAD REVOLVER

or

DISGAEA: HOUR OF DARKNESS?

Thanks in Advance.
Sun 06/06/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Heh. I never really understood why people say *POP*, what does it stand for?
Sun 06/06/04 at 21:25
Regular
Popped for Wakka... or anyone else who wants to read my comparison...

Otherwise it seems completely pointless...
Sat 05/06/04 at 20:54
Regular
"The Red Shift"
ps. don't worry. transformers is a really good game and it's teaching me how to play timesplitters properly instead of using radical controls.
Sat 05/06/04 at 20:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Bonus wrote:
> Didn't know Disgaea was out yet :D
>
> Anyway, my girlfriend has bought me Transformers, looks good, I loved
> it when I was little, having the game, no matter how shallow will be
> such a hoot :D

hey, you're me!
Sat 05/06/04 at 11:54
Regular
PS2 version has a few improvements - it's not so dark, and therefore easier to see (I suggest if you get the PC version, you play it at night or at least with the blinds down/curtains drawn). There's also a more accessable inventory style.

However, there's a fair few regressions that mean that the PC version is the one worth playing. The frame-rate in the PS2 game suffers noticably, and the graphics take a bit of a knock. There's rather long loading times inbetween certain areas, and while the scaled down menu system does make for a more pick-up-and-play style, the extra options in the PC version make for a more in-depth game. There's also LAN multiplayer for PC.

Something of a neutral difference is a few changes here and there in level design, for reasons completely unknown to me. For example, on the first level, you originally went out of the docks, straight into the Statue of Liberty compound - in the PS2 version, you have a lobby-like room inbetween. Odd really - it doesn't add any extra substance to the game.

Then there's the question of which FPS control style you prefer (and you'd of course say keyboard and mouse), and if you want to spend £20 (PS2) or £5 (PC).
Sat 05/06/04 at 08:37
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Cool. I might get it.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:53
Regular
Wakka wrote:
> Is it better?

On the whole, yes. And much cheaper.
Fri 04/06/04 at 19:38
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
Wakka wrote:
> I am going to get Disgaea.

played it at a mates house, it's really good.
Fri 04/06/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Is it better?
Fri 04/06/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Play it for PC though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.