GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your favourite band."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 19:22
Regular
What is your favourite band or artist? What do you like that you believe should be on the radio more often?
What is your favourite album and song by that favourite band?
Tue 10/07/01 at 17:13
Goatboy

Aretha Franklin, Fudge Tunnel and Gorecki!

Quite a combination! Good to see some people out there with equally diverse tastes.

The only piece of Gorecki I really love is the Symphony of Sorrowful Songs. If you like that kind of thing, have you got into Arvo Part? 'Fratres' is one of the most gorgeous pieces of music I've ever heard. Hate Songs was a great LP. Not sure about their later stuff though.

Anyway, my own favourites include:

Afghan Whigs, Low, Leonard Cohen, Grandaddy, Archers of Loaf
Godflesh, Pixies/Frank Black, NIN, Sarah Dougher, Veruca Salt, Arvo Part, Curtis Mayfield, mu-ziq, Lemonheads, Mogwai, Telegraph Melts, Minor Threat/Fugazi ,London Posse ,Anything on Ninja Tune, Styles of Beyond and loads of US hip hop.

I don't listen to the radio much so they can play what they like.
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, but it reminded a lot of "Steal my Sunshine" by Len.
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:52
Regular
Has anyone heard Half Pipe Heaven by OPM. I first heard it on Friay when I was getting ready to go out and it put me in a realy good mood. A nice up beet song that isn't POP!
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Relax Radio DJ bloke.

It's just a bit of fun.

Or bit 'o fun.

Whichever you like.
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:21
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Your Honour wrote:
> asrogktjusaetg wrote:
I'm listening to Mull Historical
> Society

What do you think of them? I've only heard a bit of their
> stuff. Also, have you heard any stuff by Preston School Of Industry?
> It's pretty good as well.

I adore MHS - don't think I've actually heard a bad track by them yet. Been getting everything on MP3 awaiting an album from them, favourite tracks so far being I Tried and Barcode Bypass. Really like the lead singers voice - one of the few guys fronting up a band who can actually carry a tune! They played live as support for The Strokes here a couple of weeks ago and I missed it - GUTTED! (Got tickets for Radiohead in September to make up for it though - arrived in the post this morning causing me to do a little dance in my dressing gown :)

I'm not a huge Fun Lovin' Criminals fan though they are one of the best bands I've seen live. Glasto two years ago and it was just a great laid back and funky kind of atmosphere - perfect thing for the Sunday evening (pity they were followed by the Corrs... or maybe that was before them...)

Gorilliaz are another band you mention I've listened to a good bit of. Remember hearing Rock the House on Jo Wiley ages ago and loving it - dying for the album. GOt to admit though - I was dissappointed by the tracks without the Deltron 3030 guys (great band - try them out if you liked RTF and CLint Eastwood). Rest of the album aside from those two track is basically just Albarn's side of Brit pop. Not a bad thing per say, just not as good as I was expecting.
Tue 10/07/01 at 16:12
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
So, I'm calling you on this.
Which radio station
> might this be?

And I'm sure we're all very impressed by a local
> radio DJ Mikey

Yep - Tune FM - a ludicrously small Christian radio station broadcasting around the Whitehead/Carricfergus/Ballycarry area in Co Antrim. I'm the token non-christian DJ (my mates dad is the pastor of one of the churches involved) - something to do with the funding and or employment rights (not that we actually get paid anything).

Happy? I never tried to claim it was anything grand FFS. Probably not as you seem to have some irrational desire to be not only totally ludicrous (IPs - come on! One: can you even get them from posts on this forum? Secondly - say me and you little friend were both BTI users - we'd have very similar IPs... kind of puts a hole in you little conspiracy theory) but just basically a bit of an unwelcoming fool. But then you've got more posts than me - I must bow down to your superior status as a human being.
Tue 10/07/01 at 12:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
3 piece from Nottingham that sadly split up about 4 years ago.

The guitarist/screamer Alex Newport created Nailbomb with Max Cavelera and now lives in Arizona and produces other bands.

Albums include:

Hate Songs in E Minor
Complicated Futility of Ignorance
Tipper Gore
Greatest Misses
Teeth E.P

Superb, dense, heavy and unbelievably massive riffs.
Always used to mix the vocals way down in the mix so you could never understand what he was saying.
Albums usually had "The lyrics are crap, so dont waste your time" on the bottom, along with "If you expected a mention and didnt get one, we don't like you"

Fantastic.
A 7 min version of "Sunshine of Your Love" complete with Black and Decker Power Sander on guitar solo.
Tue 10/07/01 at 12:01
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> Fudge Tunnel

Thats quite worrying really.......

:-)
Tue 10/07/01 at 11:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Some of my favs right now:

Tool
Clutch
White Zombie
Dr John
The Meters
Otis Redding
Aretha Franklin
Gorecki
Schubert
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Tom Waits
Primus
Radiohead
Sepultura (with Max)
Soulfly
Nailbomb
Fudge Tunnel
Tue 10/07/01 at 11:55
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Here's mine;

Tool (Personal Favourite), Vision Of Disorder, Candiria, Dillinger Escape Plan, Perfect Circle, Botch, Clutch, Helmet, Prong, Burnt By The Sun, Deftones, Will Haven,
Fear Factory, Ultraspank, Far, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, Quicksand, Slayer, Sepultura (Old-Skool), Pantera, Machine Head (Old-Skool), Biohazard and there are probably a load more I've missed...

./Steve

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.