GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rockstar Equals Violence?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/06/04 at 22:03
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Having watched a program on the tv i am outraged that the government is trying to ban violent games. Why is this so. They say that gta leads children to think that to kill and steal cars ect is ok. My question is this... how can a game lead to violence. Surely it is the childs mind or the fault of the parents. In my opinion it is the fault of the parents as they bought the cert. 18 title. Not only Rockstars GTA series but also Manhunt. Both of which are banned in Australia.

Being a lover of both these titles I would hate to see them taken off the market and although it is highly unlikely it could still happen. So then does anyone else hate. Everyone should rebel against situations like these. How can it be justified anyway?

People I wan your views especially younger people. Do you think games change how you act?
Sun 06/06/04 at 19:11
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Flock wrote:

> Go and have a look at the Special observe profiles, frankly the fact
> you havent worked it out is remarkable.
> And it's not me, i'm 21 although i've been told i dont look it.

Special Observe???
Sun 06/06/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I doubt the government will ever be able to ban these violent games completely anyway, there's just too much money in them. Anyway, I don't recall any incidents in Britain which were directly related to video games. There's been a few incidents in America though where people have blamed their actions on video games, however these people are just looking for a scapegoat so that they can justify their actions. However, you'll also know that guns are a lot more accessable in America than in Britain, so there may be a SLIGHT chance the problem lies with them, just maybe.
Sun 06/06/04 at 17:26
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Hahaha so the fact that you steal a car and police try to arrest/kill
> you teaches kids that its right?

I didnt say it taught them that it was right. I said it shows them that it is ok. Meaning it is supposed to happen.
Sun 06/06/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Hahaha so the fact that you steal a car and police try to arrest/kill you teaches kids that its right?
Sun 06/06/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm fed up with people going on about how violence in games is bad for children. That's why titles like Manhunt and GTA have an 18 rating, because they're NOT FOR KIDS.
Sun 06/06/04 at 12:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Stridman wrote:
> Shouldn't they ban Movies like American History X and other violent
> movies if they ban games then?
>
>

Except they try to make points (most of the time). Gaybar Rockstar just go 'OO! violence!'
Sun 06/06/04 at 12:11
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Ok some people are missing the point... I WANT YOUR VEIWS. not your age just views. I suppose you could include your age with your veiws.
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Wakka wrote:
> Mav wrote:
>
> Who?
>
> Pathetic as it is, I don't even know. He told me about this website
> and told me to join. I have asked him many times who he is but he
> refuses to tell me until next year for some reason.

Go and have a look at the Special observe profiles, frankly the fact you havent worked it out is remarkable.
And it's not me, i'm 21 although i've been told i dont look it.
Sat 05/06/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Mav wrote:

> Who?

Pathetic as it is, I don't even know. He told me about this website and told me to join. I have asked him many times who he is but he refuses to tell me until next year for some reason.
Sat 05/06/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Decoy Octopus wrote:
> I'm also 20 and an SR member is it me?
>
> No actually just a coincidence.

Is that you, cousin???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.