GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon- overrated?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 01:36
Regular
Crouching Tiger i feel was the most disappointing movie experience i've had. Don't get me wrong- it was a great film, but when i heard a martial arts movie got so many Oscar nominations i couldn't wait to see it.
The fight scenes were excellent, but I wasn't impressed by the way they were shot. The camera should just have stayed fixed on the fighters, allowing us to see the great technical fighting more closely.
I thought the story was sound, but a bit weak and ultimately unrewarding. The end was inevitable, but it seemed a bit rushed.

I own the DVD and still rate it as one of my top 20 films, but i was expecting so much more...

What does anyone else think about the film??
Mon 09/07/01 at 01:36
Crouching Tiger i feel was the most disappointing movie experience i've had. Don't get me wrong- it was a great film, but when i heard a martial arts movie got so many Oscar nominations i couldn't wait to see it.
The fight scenes were excellent, but I wasn't impressed by the way they were shot. The camera should just have stayed fixed on the fighters, allowing us to see the great technical fighting more closely.
I thought the story was sound, but a bit weak and ultimately unrewarding. The end was inevitable, but it seemed a bit rushed.

I own the DVD and still rate it as one of my top 20 films, but i was expecting so much more...

What does anyone else think about the film??
Mon 09/07/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
CTHD is ludicrously over-rated. Somehow a marginaly above average film has managed to get the "Best Thing Ever" tag - for goodness sake it isn't even Ang Lee's best film (which would be Ice Storm).

You made the basic flaw that most make - CTHD isn't a martial arts film at all - it is a love story that features a couple of magnificant fight sequences (oh, and your the camera should stay still comment is verging on the idiotic). If you watch CTHD expecting out and out fighting you'll be very dissappointed as it is really a reasonable tired love story told in a tried and tested way.
Mon 09/07/01 at 18:15
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
No, it's not overrated at all. It has some magnificent fight sequences, yes. But it also has a great story and a brilliant ending. All 3 of the main actors/actresses are also fantastic especially Michelle Yeoh.
Mon 09/07/01 at 18:53
Regular
"WWJD"
i thought it was wicked not that overrated know one who i know whos seen it thought that ever it was a good film the fighting seens where wicked the swords where good a funny bit was when the bloke was there where the water was when jade fox fired all that poison and he them all away then he felt his neck and one had hit hes like damn that was funny
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:24
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
WAHOO! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME! YES YES YES!!! (Jumps up and down)

*hits head on ceiling knocked out cold*
Mon 09/07/01 at 19:57
"I love yo... lamp."
I thought that Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (or CTHD from now on) was a really good movie. I did not like the way though that the people could run up walls though. I will have to see it again to comment on the camera though, I can not remember what it was like.
Mon 09/07/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
I thought it was the most amazing film ever - The shots didnt worry me that much, I was so taken a back with the martial arts and stunts/moves to worry about the shots!! It is one of the most amazing films I have seen!!

If any film is overrated then look no further than the Matrix - Great film I know but please lets stop hearing about it!!
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:10
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Yeah, I know. The Matrix was a great film but I hate it when people say it is the best film ever made! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!! If I hear that one more time then I will take my anger out on Votta. Too bad for him.

Come on, somebody say The Matrix is the best film ever so I can beat him.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:12
Wheather or not a goo film it's not really in the "blockbuster" leauge as it is made out to be.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:23
"I love yo... lamp."
Vottanator who is Votta? Why is he not dead already? Anyway The Matrix is the best film ever made. Is Votta dead yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.