GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG story. Everyone can contribute........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/07/01 at 20:26
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grix crawled to the top of the hill, and fell down in a heap.

"All right Grix?" Ant asked quietly.

Grix slowly got to his feet, "Yeah, I'm...fine." Grix shuddered at the thought of what Sniper had tried to do last night.

No one said anything.

"Why are you all so quiet??" Grix asked, expecting the worst. "Is something wrong?!"

"Whaa?? No, of course not," VenomByte whispered, "We're just listening out for a strange sound we heard earlier. Nothig important really."

Grix nodded, and sat down.

"Oh yeah, we found the ticket." Ant added.

"Really!? Great!! Lets get out of here!" Grix cried, ecstatic.

"Why are you in such a hurry??" Venom asked.

"Grixeeeee!!!!" Came a cry from down the hill.

"Because of him!!"

"Her," Ant commented.

"Okay, her!"
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:48
Regular
lol...

I wrote that, and forgot to post it. I came back from and obviously decided to...

It COULD possibly make sense...
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:46
Regular
"Grix?"

Silence. Grix was hanging from a tree branch, attached to it by the back of his trousers. Apart from the inital worry that there would be no more Thraves's, he was now beginning to worry about how cheap he was when he bought clothes.

And then, a quiet acknowledgement. "Yes?"

"Do you want a hand?"

Grix nodded.

Venombyte tried to climb the tree... trying to hide his laughter.

Then, Grix's trousers began to tear... the front completly opened out, and he somesaulted forwards, landing on his face in the mud.

-----------

"Men... they're all gits."

"Sniper dear, isn't that Grix running down the street with one of his friends?"

Sniper got up, and looked out of the window.

"The swine! He's wearing one of my dresses!"
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:29
Regular
Grix had successfully traversed the dangerous and difficult journey from the ground floor room, out of the window, and away across the garden.

"Married to Sniper?" He muttered to himself, "Whats going on?"

He ran on, up the hill and away from the house, back to where Venombyte (and god knows who else) had been last time they saw him.

Grix was determined not to tell them about what happened during the night. He felt sick just thinking about it. But Sniper was a girl here, so it didn't matter, did it?

He pushed these thoughts aside as he approached the top of the small hill, to see the group sitting around on the grass. No one was talking, they were just watching him walk up the hill, panting as he got to the top.
Thu 12/07/01 at 17:24
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FM perused the story thread from a distance, watching as the delicate storyline ebbed and flowed, twisted and turned, leapt and jumped, and wondered if he should make a contribution at this stage, or actually read the whole damn thing before posting this time.

Then he saw the bit about Grix hitting Sniper on the nose. He couldn't resist. As Sniper came running out of the room, FM hoisted his cricket bat and swung it around in a viscious arc, connecting with Sniper's septum and causing him to bark out in pain.

"Oops, sorry mate, I was expecting a cricket ball..." said FM as he stepped over Sniper's writhing body on the floor.

He entered the room just in time to see Grix disappear out the window. He turned to leave, but as he did so he spied a computer in the corner of the room, so he went over to it, logged into ukchatforums.com, and began to make an effort to read the whole of the FOG story thread before his next post.

Meanwhile...
Thu 12/07/01 at 16:17
Regular
"My guardian angel?" Fantasymeister reminded the writers, Grix was persistant that he was in A Wonderful Life with his group... and you know how stubborn Grix can be...

"Yes, I am your guardian angel."

"But you're Ali!"

Ali looked at himself. Yeah, he was Ali.

FM questioned again. "So where are your wings, then?"

"Well... I don't get them, yet. I have to earn them."

FM's eyebrows lowered. "Earn them?"

"Well..." Ali sat down on a desk in the room. "It's all well and good me giving games away, but the man upstairs wants us to be... well... closer to the customers."

Ali stood, looking out of the window. He continued.

"You see, we've noticed that you haven't been around as much as you normally are. We think you're losing the will to be a fogger."

FM looked at his hands... not for any particular reason, but it helps to give a mental image. Yeah, FM thought, he had been away quite a lot recently. It was the newbie/regular system though... it encouraged spamming... nobody really kept to topic anymore...

"So what could you possibly do to convince me to come back?"

Ali stepped away from the window. "I'm going to show you what the Fog would have been like if you hadn't been there."

-------------

Sniper sat behind Grix, stroking his hair.

"Could you possibly stop that?" Grix asked... or more to the point, ordered.

Sniper sat behind him, and sighed. "You never want to do anything... you're so boring."

"Well that's just something you'll have to live with... what am I saying? You can sod off right now. I want nothing more to do with you."

"Ahhh..." Sniper hugged Grix from behind him. "You're just saying that. I know you love me really."

Grix turned around and punched Sniper square in the face.

Sniper pulled himself up, and held his nose. He started to cry.

Sniper ran out of the room. Grix climbed out of the window.
Thu 12/07/01 at 08:59
Regular
Look!

I know i said that every can contribute, but at least try and make it fit in with the existing story!

The two groups have a magic ticket that takes them to films based on what one of the groups is thinking at the time.

Grix and his group are in a Black and White 1940's film.

My group is in a Star Trek type place. Lets go back to where it made some sort of sense:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"And why aren't we in colour?" Ant asked, checking his surroundings.

"It's obviously a black and white film." Said Venombyte.

"Thanks for that Sherlock."

"Hahaha, it's, er, uh, funny you should mention that Grix."

"Whatm what are you all laughing at?" As he said this Grix reached up to scratch his lip. He felt the moustache just as everyone burst out laughing.

"Nice trousers Grix!"

"Nice shirt!"

Grix looked down. He was clad in 1940's clothes, as a rich boy.

"Grixeeee! Darling Grixeeee! There you are! Daddy has been looking all over for you." Grix turned around to see Sniper. In a dress.

"Oh Christ....."

"Come here darling, you're needed back for dinner." Girlfriend or sister? Grix thought to himself. Swiftly followed by: Please be sister, please be sister, please be.....

Sniper kissed Grix smack on the lips.

"Damn."

Everyone else was in fits by now.

"Wheres that damn ticket? Get us out of here!" Said Grix.

"Who are you talking to darling? Come on, lets get dinner out of the way, then we can go upstairs," Sniper pinched Grix's bottom, "This is our wedding night afterall"

Grixs face fell.

"Find that bloody ticket and get us out of here!" He shouted to the group.

"Bye bye Grixy, have a nice night." Venombyte waved as Grix and Sniper walked back into the big country house.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YH motioned for TW to turn around, but he just kept skipping around with the rock held high above his head. "Look at me! World's strongest man..." he shouted. Then he saw the look on YH's face and slowly turned.

Before his eyes stood an 8ft tall green scaley monster with large black eyes. TW could see the reflection of his scared face in those eyes and he just about summoned up the courage to throw the lightweight rock at the monster before fleeing in terror.

The others were already running as TW came flying past, kicking up a cloud of dust in his wake. They headed for a nearby cave and hid there, not wanting to make a sound until the horrible creature passed by.

"Phew, that was close." said Meka.

"Yeah!" said TW, regaining some of his 'bravery'. "I nearly had him there, did you see the way I threw that rock at him? Scared him off I reckon!"

"Yeah...must of scared him off. That's right TW..." said YH as he looked at Dringo, trying not to laugh.

"We'd better find our way out of here again." said Meka as he fished out the half of the ticket that he'd kept when FM dropped it. Just as he held it up a 'cawing' noise made them look up to the sky. A giant black bird swooped down and grabbed the ticket from Meka's grasp, enticed by the strange glow it emitted. A glint of light saw it vanish from the sky in front of their eyes as it flew into the sunset.

"What are we going to do now?" asked Dringo.

-- -- -

They crept out of the cave in search of the bird. TW stood at the back of the group, nervously looking around him every few seconds for any sign of the monster. As they reached the brow of a hill they looked down at the endless desert set before them.

"Well." said Meka. "It's a long way to go before civilisation, we'd better get started..."

"er..." started TW from behind. He was looking the other way. The others turned to face 5 of the monsters looking down at them.

--- -- -

Sheepy couldn't take any more. He'd had far too much singing about deer, flowers and many other of his 'least' favorite things and pulled Bonus away from the laughing children. As they cleared the next hill he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Remind me never to turn the tv on next Christmas day..." he said.

They walked a little further and noticed the scenery start to change. It became sandy and rocks appeared where previously only grass had been. Then they saw it, the large airstrip on the hill.

"Wow! Why are all those lights set up on that flat mountain up there?" said Bonus.

"I don't know, but this means something....this is important..." replied Sheepy, thoughtfully.

-- - - -

TW was still wriggling when they got to the spacecraft. He entered with the others and witnessed a mass of lights and computer banks, all making whizzy noises or bleeping. They were positioned on metal chairs that looked anything but inviting.

"We are not here to harm you, we will take you back to earth." said one of the aliens in a strange unearthly voice. "We will bring you refreshment and anything you wish to eat..." he continued.

They ordered lots of food and got everything they asked for, although the alien food replicator had a job with the whipped cream gammon steak and strawberry tart that TW ordered. The others looked at him as he ate it.

"Well, they said 'anything' I thought I'd test them!" he said as he tucked into another bite of strawberry and gammon.

- - - --
After a long climb and bluffing the security guards with Sheepy's fake FBI pass that he got from an old X-files magazine, Bonus and Sheepy made their way to the top of the mountain. They found a load more guards and people in white coats hurrying about getting ready for something.

The wind started getting up and they felt their balance go a few times, so they sat down and waited to see what was happening.

A few minutes later, a noise like an underground train came into earshot and before they knew it, several fast moving silver discs were flying around the airstrip, dancing in the air with flashing multi-colour lights.

"Wow." said Bonus. "cool."

But that wasn't the end of it, another few minutes passed and a rumble like thunder made everyone look into the sky. A giant saucer, much bigger than the others, came into view. It was a giant spaceship and it's lights were illuminating the ground beneath it.

A burst of sound came from the equipment nearby, nearly knocking Sheepy off his seat. Then a burst from the ship repeated the noise. Before long they were communicating and the noise was deafening.

Then, as suddenly as it started, the noise stopped and the craft slowly decended. A door opened and smoke drifted around the entrance of the craft, blocking the view of its inhabitants.

A shadowy figure slowly emerged from the craft, followed by another, and another. The last one looked as if he was holding his stomach. All of a sudden he let out a huge belching noise.

"It's TW!" shouted Sheepy, recognising the sound immediately and rushed over to greet them.

He stopped when he saw the other creatures emerging from the craft, the monsters made him take a step backwards, waving his hand feverishly.

One of the monsters waved his hand in front of his face.

"Phew, it's so hot in here..." he said as he removed his mask. "They don't pay us enough to dress in these costumes." he said.

Everyone turned around and watched, as all the monsters took their masks off.

"They were actors?" said Meka in surprise.

"I knew that!" lied TW.

Just then, a monkey shot passed them on a pair of roller-skates.

"Don't ask!" said the nearest monster actor.
Thu 12/07/01 at 08:26
Regular
""
Fantasy Meister floated down in a ball of lightning and Fish-e jumped back in shock when Fish-e saw the sight of FM ripping off his skin and revealing Lara clutching FM's head by two very long strands of hair.
"Fish-e, I outsmarted you this time and with your master dead I will now take your..........
Wed 11/07/01 at 23:14
Meanwhile in the real world.

Fish-e was trying to find a way of dying, quickly and pain free. Fish-e didn't want to die but he had to find a way of getting the stone of azkamarara to his Master, Fantasy Meister.

The stone of azkamarara is a special stone in many ways, it doesn't look pretty it smells horrible and it can bring people back to life.

Fish-e decided to get it over and done with, with the stone in his hand he jumped head first off off a mountain while screaming "I'm coming master, I will see you soon!!!!"

Fish-e hit the floor with a sickening thud, brain and blood sprayed everywhere, Fishe- was now obviously dead.

FM was about to pass through the gates of heaven, when Fish-e came running up to him holding the stone of azkamarara.

"Master Meister wait, I have the stone of azkamarara, you can go back down to earth!!!!!"

"Oh look, it's Fish-e" FM scowled "Do you really think I want to go back down to Earth when up here in heaven, are all these hot angels???"

"But Master you can get your revenge!!!"

"So, i don't care about that anymore," FM said whil eyeing up an angel "Hey sexy, i'll see you later!!!"

Then Monty Python said "EXcuse me mister Meister, but it appears that you will be going down to hell, so goodbye"

"Oh, damn it, and there were all these angels aswell, I wonder what Miss Satan is like."

"Ok master, you can go but do this one thing for me!!"

"Oh Ok, what is it??"

"Hold on to the stone with me and repeat everything I say, are you ready master???"

FM put both his hands on the stone and nodded his head

"I am Chewbacca and I am a wookie."

FM repeated "I am Chewbacca and I am a wookie."

"I am conquini and I am a fish-e"

FM pulled a funny face and repeated "I am conquini and I am a Fish-e."

"I am Fantasy Meister and I am going back to Earth to kill everyone!!!!"

FM repeated "I am Fantasy Meister and I am going back to Earth to kill everyone!!!!"

"Ok we now wait a second"

"Why didn't the sentence rhyme???"

"Before Fish-e had a chance to answer, there was a bright light and they were both back on Earth, hidding the ground with a thud.
Wed 11/07/01 at 23:05
It was two days since Sniper's horrific move on Grix.

Sniper left the bathroom, and went into the kitchen. Grix was in the lounge, watching SMTV Live on TV.

"Bowl of Corn Flakes, Grix?"

"Please".

"Wonkey Donkey, Wonkey Donkey..."

"Hooray, I love this part of the show!" exclaimed Grix, his face lightened up by the music sung by Ant and Dec.

Sniper came into the lounge to see what all the fuss was about.

"Hey, that's not...Ant, as in the Ant we know?" Sniper was confused.

"I'm not sure. I know, let's Ring to Win!" By now, Grix was seriously overwhelmed with excitement.

Grix tapped in the numbers to the SMTV studio.

"Hello, you're through to Wonkey Donkey," It was Ant on the line.

"You have 30 seconds to guess the answer," he continued.

"Are you the notable Ant?" Grix did not listen to Ant's instructions, instead asking the question that was on his and Sniper's mind.

"WHAT? WHAT?" IT'S GOT TO RHYME!!!" Ant hung up.

"What's eating him up today?" asked Sniper.

"Probably that mnster you killed last night." answered Grix.

Sniper looked out the window.

"God, it's that thing again," Sniper said calmly.

"ARRRGGGH!!!!" Grix did not take it so well.

"Relax, it's only got one head now." Sniper took out his Falcon 2 with silencer, and with one tiny bullet, the monster was dead once again.

"Want sugar on that bowl of corn flakes?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.