GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FoG story. Everyone can contribute........"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/07/01 at 20:26
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Sun 08/07/01 at 20:26
Regular
FM licked the first three fingers of his right hand and stroked his eyebrows, smoothing them down. He turned at, white robes with simple gold embroidery down the front swishing around him as he heard the guard approach.

FM was standing in a simple square room, with four braziers, one in each corner, all burning different colours. These weren’t normal flames however, as they did not give off coloured light, and the room remained smokeless, with a white light seeming to emanate from the walls and floor, with no shadows forming. In the middle of the room were two pedestals, about four feet apart. On top of them was a box. In it was FM’s father. FM turned as the guard stopped, bowing.

“Master.” Said Sniper, raising his head, looking into FM’s cold, hard eyes.
“You have your mission? You are ready to leave?”
“Yes Master.”
“Good.” FM turned back to look at the coffin, licking his fingers and rubbings his eyebrows again as he spoke. “This is just the first part my friend. I will have my revenge, I do not know when, but I will/”
“Yes Master.” There was an edge of concern in Snipers voice.
“What is wrong, my friend?”
“I do not know, Master. I think I am worrying with no reason.”
“Ah. You are concerned about the book, yes?” Sniper lowered his eyes. “Do not fear. I will find the book. MY magic grows with each passing month, soon I will have the power needed to find the book. Then, when it is mine, I will have unimaginable power!” FM felt a shiver run up his spine as he closed his eyes, imagining the power he would wield. He looked at Sniper. “You have your orders.”
“Yes Master Meister.”
“Go. Be swift, and do not fail me.” Sniper turned and left the room.

FM turned back to the coffin. As he walked around it, his fingers traced the inscription carved into the stone. He knew them all, word for word, but their feel comforted him. They were instructions on how to travel the underworld.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wrath exploded through Meka’s mind. He screamed “No!” in a murderous rage as he leapt off the rock. With both hands he brought the sword up while still in mid-air. When he hit the ground he recoiled, swinging it around from behind in an arc. The sword whistled with its speed. The man had turned as Meka hit the ground. Seeing Meka coming, he brought his own sword up defensively, with lightning speed.

Meka watched as if in a dream as his sword come around. Every ounce of his strength went into trying to make the sword go truer, go faster. Be deadlier. The magic raged with his need. Meka looked from the mans sword, hard into the steel blue eyes. Mekas sword followed the track of his eyes, he heard himself still screaming. The man held his sword straight up, to deflect the blow.

Everything else around the man dissolved in Mekas vision. His anger, the magic, was unleashed like never before. No power on earth could deny him the mans blood.

He finished his arc, the sword coming round at eye height to the side of the mans head. It shattered through the mans sword, and exploded through his chainmail hood, bits of molten twisted metal flying off into the undergrowth. The sword continued its journey, making contact with the mans skull, and continuing through, out the other side of his head.

Bits of bone blood and brain flew up into the air as the early morning air was filled with a cloud of red mist. Steaks of blood covered Meka, dripped down his body, dribbled off his sword as he slowly lowered the point to the ground.

The mans body crumpled slowly to the ground, blood pumping out over the ground, mixing with the puddles already there. Meka could feel the cold mist help cool his body.

“Meka!” Meka awoke, a sheen of sweat over his whole body. “Meka, my brother, are you alright?” asked Grix.
“It was that dream.”
“Again?” Meka nodded in reply.
“Come on, get up, we have to meet the others soon.”
“Who?”
“You know, the others from the village. Dan2K1, Venombyte and Ant.”
“What about er-no, and YH?”
“They said they had something to do. They will meet us later.” Grix helped his brother to sit up.
“Ok, give me a few minutes." Grix nodded and left the room. Meka put his head in his hands as he thought about the dream.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Master Meister?” FM looked around.
“Yes?”
“I have some bad news Lord, about Sniper.”
“He hasn’t dies again has he?”
“Yes Lord, he fell off his horse.”
“How did that kill him?”
“Into the moat.”
“He can swim.”
“Yes Lord, but as he tried to climb out, he must have pulled the lever, the one you ordered put in?”
“I vaguely remember.”
“That let the piranhas in.”
“Ah. I should have expected something like this. He has a whole bloody palace to have his accidents in. I put all that sponge about so he wouldn’t hurt himself, and yet he falls into the piranha moat. Amazing. Nevermind, he will be back by now. Tell him to continue with his task. Tell him to be more careful next time.”
Sun 08/07/01 at 21:43
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Dan2k1 and Vemonbyte were walking down the main path to the village conversing about Meka's class.

It was going well and soon the young men from the village you be fully trained.

Whether or not one of them would find the 'One' spirit in them or not was another matter, but still, moral remained high.

As they passed the main watch-tower the evening sun hit over the houses on the left of the village. Dan clapped his hands in celebration and let out a roar of delight!

"Yeah!!!" He screamed. "This is living, Huh, Venom?! The birds, the Sun the village. It's great. We have an amazing community loads of friends and...

"And what?" Asked Venom...

"AND WE'RE LATE FOR CLASS!" Exclamied Dan.

The two shot down the path and arrived in the centre-square where Meka, along with his associate Ant had already begun the class.

There we're few swords left in the rack but they'd have to do. Dan and Venom picked them up and sat and the end of the bench.

Meka was silent. Standing with his back to the class he spoke!

"Dan, Venombyte, you are late again! Do you not want training?!"

"Oh... Oh yes, we do sir.. yes!" Said the two slightly edgy as to what Meka would do.

"You do realise, that if the Lord Meisters Falon Warriors come, we'll have no grounds on which to defend ourselves!"

The class was silent.

"Anyway!" Said Meka as he turned round to the class. "The treaty will prevent this but there is no way to say how well Meister will stick to his word."

"Now then..." He added. "Today we'll focus on Airial manoeuvres!... Two lines, Here and here... I want forward-Backward somersaults with a two footed land and a left to right slash!"

Meka walked away from the class that was now under Ant's supervision.

"You know Meka." Said Grix "All this sword training is probably the cause of all those nightmares!"

Meka chuckled. "How about a drink from old friend...?"

"But the class..." Queried Grix

"Don't worry... Ant's in charge, what's the worst that could happen?!" Said Meka.

The two walked round the back of the village to TW's brewery.
Sun 08/07/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Meanwhile FantasyMeister was dining. He was about to tuck into his Main course when..."

'CLANNGGGG!' The sound of armor crashing to the ground stopped FM in his tracks.

"What... Was... THAT?!" FM asked one of his waiters...

"I... I don't know..." replied the servant...

"Well go and find out then, Imboseil!" Fm said as he smacked his servant round the head sending him crashing to the floor.

Minutes later the servant returned...

"You're not going to believe this sir, but..."

"But what?!" Asked FM

"It's... Sniper M'Lord"

"Oh, dear God..." Said FM who was sporting a very bemused look.

"Sir, Sir...!" Said sniper as he toppled over to FM crashing to the floor in the process!"

"What?" Asked FM in a very fed-Up tone.

"Guess who I saw?!" Said Sniper with an excited look on his face.

"Princess Alya of Aramore?"

"YES!" Exclaimed Sniper, "How did you know!"

"Well, Said FM... "She's been frozen for the past 300 years! You twit!"

Sniper was shocked. He could believe it... Okay, so he wasn't the sharpest knife in the draw but surely common sense was one of his few attributes... obviously not!

"I've lost my appetite" Said FM as he walked from the table wiping his mouth with his serviette.

He entered the lounge where he would later meet Meka and the Honourable PB to discuss the treaty. There would be no war but Meka and his people would needed the moonstones to craft their weapons for training, they had to have them!
Sun 08/07/01 at 23:40
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Dusk in the village turned to twilight. Grix and Meka lay on the roof of the Dojo reminiscing over old times.

"I still can't believe it..." Said Grix

"Believe what?" Asked Meka

"You know... This village, nature... life!"

"Yeah" Added Meka... "It's hard to grasp when you look at it like that!"

All of a sudden they heard a 'oomph' and a scrambling...

"Hi guys" said Ant

"Oh, hey Ant!" Said Grix

"Ant" Said Meka as he nodded his approval of Ant staying... not that he could do much about it!

"Ooh! The plough!" Shouted Grix

"You can't see 'The Plough' in December!" Said Ant

"No, OUR plough", Said Grix. "It's on fire"

"Whaaaaaaa" Screamed Meka, setting off baby cries all over the village.

Grix and Ant ran to the well, while Meka pulled the Sword Rack away from the plough.

"Well", said Er-No who came out from his thatched home wearing his Pyjamas and a night cap. "Look what you've done! There goes our harvest for the last 4 hours of the day." He said smiling as he walked over to the three.

"Yeah!" Said Ant, "And what's worse is, that plough is knackered... There's no way it'll do the job... we'll have to trade a few of Swords or Moonstones in the market. Me and Bonus will go in the morning!"

"Bonus?!" Yelled RBS as he went over to see what the fuss was all about.

"I'd keep it down Rasta!" Said Grix... "The last time you annoyed Bonus, he went mad and threw you in the lake!"

"Yeah, yeah..." Said RBS. "He won't be doing that again!"

"What makes you so sure?!" Asked Ant.

"well..." Said RBS. "I have his Bagpipes!"

"Arrrrrggghhhhhhh!!!" Came a scream from one of the houses.

Bonus ran out screaming... "Ooooh" He said. " I had me a terrible dream! And it's true"

"Yeah?" Questioned Er-No.

"I had a dream me Bagpipes were knicked by a wee girl... then she smashed them and threw them in a burning plough! So it's kinda true!"

"Well... only the part about your lost bagpipes!" Added Meka

"Burning plough eh...?! Well... that kinda explains a few things round here...!" Put Grix

"So you've seen them?" Said Bonus

"Nnnnnno." Said Meka as he glanced left to see RBS backing away signaling him to keep quiet! "I haven't"

"Ack..." Sighed Bonus as he went back into the house.

They all retired to bed at the stroke of 11.

As you can see, despite the loving, blooming community nothing is normal in the village.

The next day Ant took Jimmy and a few Star-Swords to the market... They needed a new plough and fast, but Ant had a feeling it wouldn't just be a plough and a couple of unsold swords they brought home...
Mon 09/07/01 at 00:09
Regular
They all watched as Dringo got carted off one of many to go.

Him and Edgy had been tried for mass murder and now they are being taken away with Dringo screaming...

"I shot the Notable but i did not shoot the regular!"
Mon 09/07/01 at 00:37
--------- -------------- ----------

Tarrant and Eduardo approached the top of the hill. The higher they got the more of the village came into view.

"Well, here it is Eduardo. Just like the old woman told us."

Eduardo, as usual, didn't respond. The pair descende toward the village, Tarrant taking in the surrounding countryside as they went.

"Don't lose heart Eduardo. If what the old lady said was true it should be easy to find work here. Then I can get you some real food."

As Tarrant entered the village, two large men in light battle dress approached him. They looked large, but Tarrant had them pegged as relatively unskilled swordsmen. Still, he wasn't looking for trouble just yet and thought it best to keep his own sword sheathed.
The two, probably the village gaurds, stopped a little way off from Tarrant. Then the shorter of the two began a more cautious approach.

"Excuse me sir?" the man began. "I have to ask you about your monkey."

"What about him?" replied Tarrant.

"Well sir, you see sir, you can't bring unlicensed animals into the village. So's I've just got to check your license, you see sir?"

"Well I have no license, but I can assure you he is both clean and tame."

The man shrank back from Tarrant a little, he turned to the other gaurd, then back to Tarrant.
"One moment sir." he said before heading toward his companion to discuss the matter.

After a brief moment the shorter man returned, this time with the larger man in tow.
Standing and speaking a little more authoritively this time, the short man spoke to Tarrant.

"You need a license to bring your animal in sir!"

"There will be no problem, you have my word." said Tarrant.

"Word of a stranger's not much good arround these parts I'm affraid sir." replied the gaurd.

"I said, THERE WON'T BE A PROBLEM" Tarrant's somewhat questionable temper was beginning to be tried.

The larger of the two gaurds drew his sword, the smaller quickly followed suit. This time the it was the larger mean's turn to speak.

"Don't make us repeat ourselves stranger, otherwise we'll have to ask you to leave as well as your monkey. Understand?"

"You two gentlemen would be wise to put those away. It might just save your lives!" Tarrant could feel himself losing a grip on the calmness he held so dear.

As Tarrant slowly began to draw his weapon, the large gaurd stepped toward him, infront of the other, then he spoke.

"Geoff..." Tarrant assumed he was talking to the smaller gaurd, "... go and fetch Master Grix and Master Meka!"
The smaller gaurdput away his sword and hurried off in the direction of TW's bar. The larger man advanced slowly on Tarrant...
Mon 09/07/01 at 09:18
Regular
YH was in TW's bar, having a nightcap, when Geoff came running in.

"TW! TW! Have you seen Grix or MEka anywhere?" TW turned around and lay his glass cleaning cloth over his shoulder.

"They were in here earlier, but they've been gone for a good hour now. Meka had to go to FM's Palace to talk about that treaty, but idon't think he was going to bother." Geoff looed about in a panic.

"I need to find them!!"

"Why?"

"A stranger has turned up at the gate, with a monkey in tow," Geoff lowered his voice conspiratorily, "He has one of the swords.." Geoff looked around, TW's face went pale.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive, I didn't recognise it at first, but when Tarquin told me to come down here, i realised what it was."

"But, but we haven't made one of those for years." Geoff just shrugged in reply.

YH got up, unseen, and walked out of the bar. Chickens squawked and flapped, annoyed at being disturbed as they were sleeping, as he walked through the centre of the village to find Grix. He was at home. YH knocked, waited and then went in.

"Grix, i think there is a problem." Grix looked round.

"One of the swords has turned up." It wasn't a question, just a statement.

"Where's Meka?" asked Grix.

"I thought he was with you?"

"No. I thought he was with you." Grix sat up in alarm.

"So where is he?" YH shrugged in reply, Grix had a worried look on his face.

"We have to find him!!"
Mon 09/07/01 at 12:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
A flock of starlings flew out of a tree and over Meka's shoulder as he skimmed a stone across the lake. He looked up and smiled. He enjoyed life.

The treaty meeting had been cancelled because Sniper had trashed the meeting lounge during his one-person party. FM, as you can imagine, wasn't too happy!

Meka walked back over the hill where Tarrant and Eduardo had walked earlier... He saw the goup of people with the swords out. He presumed Ant was doing early-morning training, but as he got closer he realised that it wasn't what he thought.

Luckily Meka had his sword with him as he used it for meditation. He shot down the dusty track inbetween the forest and the rocky embankment and stopped at the group.

"Meka!" Yelled Tarrant.

"Hey, how ya doin'" Replied Meka.

The other members of the group were somewhat perplexed as to what was going on. One minute they had their swords drawn and the next their leader was shaking hands with their 'enemy'

"It's okay." Said Meka. Me and Tarrant go back along way. I just didn't expect to see you again he added as he turned to Tarrant."

"Nor I, you Meka!" Replied Tarrant

"Meka! - There you are!" Panted Grix as he tried to catch his breath. "There's some idiot with a monkey trying to.... Oh, hi, I guess you've met." Said Grix

"Me and Tarrant are old friends!" Said Meka

"Hey" Said Er-No "We must celebrate. Kate and Iguana can start dancing, Ant and Bonus can play... Grix you on your Sax and we'll all go down to TW's bar."

"Where would we be without him, TW, wherever you are... you're a star!" Said Meka as he put his arms around Grix and Tarrant and walked them over to TW's bar.

The group followed, and so another situation was resolved. But Ant, who was still at the market with Jimmy had yet to return!
Mon 09/07/01 at 12:52
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Things remained quite for the rest of the day. Tarrant and Eduardo insisted they stopped in a stable. Meka agreed and everyone went to bed.

The next day was hunting day. But the swords were left at home. Instead, Meka, Grix, Ant, YH, TW, Tarrant and Bonus all left for the forest with their bows and arrows where they would 'Bring in the bread'. Of course this bread would be in the form of a 700lb Caribou (Deer). But that's the surprise.

Meka and YH, walked behind the main group with Bonus running off ahead trying to catch squirrels by hand.

"So will Tarrant be 'accepted' into our community?" Asked YH.

"If he wants. But as you know there are three tests - He will be no exception to the rule. He must take them."

"Remember when I took the tests, Sir?"

"I do indeed" Replied Meka. "You did well."

"Yeah. Me and Bonus got exactly the same score!"

Meka smiled. He knew, that YH knew, that his score was the best one ever!

"Well it isn't the best score ever!"

"Whaaaaaaaaaat?!" Screamed YH

"I'll tell you some other time" Said Meka as the call of the frontman signalled the sighting of the deer led him to run. He met up with Grix and the two sighted the deer for themselves for the first time.

Meka gave the signal as 3 people went either side of the 7 redwoods where the deer was trying to hide. The deer shot out of an open side unexpectedly and the chase was on.

The villagers didn't hunt for sport. They took what they needed, no more, no less.

The hunt was a success, the deer was cooked and they had a feast! - Heh... cool.

But they weren't celebrating for long.

Grix, who was getting attached to Eduardo, was wrestling with him on top of the stable when...

"Arrrgggghhh!" Grix fell through the stable roof!

Everyone tumbled inside to see Grix, lying face down motionless. Meka couldn't help but laugh.

They took Grix into TW's bar and woke him up. They stayed their again, finishing off the deer.

Mean while Er-No and Tarrant went for a walk... Er-No wanted to know more about Tarrant.
Mon 09/07/01 at 13:20
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
The alarm bell sounded. Everyone gathered in the center of the village. They saw a figure walking down the wide track carrying what looked like a dead young deer.

As the man came into view they saw him. He had long dark brown hair and blue eyes. He was about 6'4 and built quite well. He was dressed in what looked like Red-Indian clothes. he had a bow and arrow and he was carrying Ant!

People gasped as he stumbled over to the centre of the village, put Ant down and fell to the floor in exhaustion!

"Give him room!" Shouted Meka as he knelt by the man's side. "What's you name?!"

The man turned his head towards Meka and tried to speak...

"My name's... G... G... Game..."

With this the man fell unconscious with exhaustion!

"Take him inside." said Grix "He's in our village, it's up to us to nurse him back to health!"

Game was taken inside where he was looked after by the villages finest women. He didn't wake until the next day.

He stepped out of his room on to the dojo floor where the village people were mourning...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.