GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ne1 wanna buy a bootdisk for DC of me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/07/01 at 16:09
Regular
i am selling my bootdisk for 10 pound does ne1 wanna buy it????
Thu 12/07/01 at 00:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Now while I'm not pretending to be flawles in this area - pirating is wrong. That's why it's illegal (funny enough).

You are stealing. Downloading a game off the net is EXACTLY the same as walking into a shop, shoving a game up your jumper and running. Most people fool themselves and think that because they aren't actually taking a physical object they can hold in their hands (and the producer will miss) they consider they are not stealing. Wrong. You are just as bad as the man who shop lifts, or steal credit card numbers or a car. All are theft, plain and simple.

Sega spend millions in developing a game. They use very expensive equipment and must meet the salaries of highly trained people to come up with the code that you are downloading. The actual CD and packaging you can hold and see only represents a tiny, tiny fraction of the cost - maybe £2.50 if I'm being generous. Adding around another £7.50 for distribution and advertising and a £5 profit for the retailer (that maybe far too much, not totally sure on that one). Now, if your typical game costs £30 there is £15 still uncounted for. That £15 is represended by the Intelectual Property - you have to buy the right to own and use the game code. This is so Sega can ultametly make a profit and primarily cover the costs of producing the game.

What you are doing is theft - plain and simple. Don't delude yourself into thinking anything different.

I can't see how anyone who has ever pirated a Dreamcast game can bemoan the Dreamcast failure. You stole from Sega - a financially challanged company. They stop making the Dreamcast because they weren't making enough money from it. How many sales was the Dreamcast away from safety? If there had been no theft from Sega would the Dreamcast still be a viable console? Would games like Half Life and Black and White still be on the release lists? All pointless speculation as it is pretty much impossible to say how big the Dreamcast piracy industry is.
Wed 11/07/01 at 22:05
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
shaneo wrote:
> Kuma2001 wrote:
> DON'T COPY GAMES AND SELL THEM. EVER.
People
> who do this are
> responsible for a console's demise, so what is
> the point? Pirate
> proof all the way - big it up Nintendo - the
> GBA rocks ;)

I don't sell mine, now that's really wrong!

ummmm... so it's ok to download games for free thus depriving publishers and developers of money... but not ok to sell copies, thus depriving publishers and developers of money. Well, they are just as bad as each other. Whether you get a game off the net and play for free, or buy it for a £5 down the market... it's still the same thing!

Sonic
Wed 11/07/01 at 22:00
DClover = DCkiller.
Wed 11/07/01 at 21:51
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Good.

*Shocky stares VERY hard at Shaneo*
Wed 11/07/01 at 20:15
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Kuma2001 wrote:
> DON'T COPY GAMES AND SELL THEM. EVER.
People who do this are
> responsible for a console's demise, so what is the point? Pirate
> proof all the way - big it up Nintendo - the GBA rocks ;)

I don't sell mine, now that's really wrong!
Sat 07/07/01 at 17:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Downloading Corel is OK as Linux is open-source. They can't charge for it.
Sat 07/07/01 at 16:54
DON'T COPY GAMES AND SELL THEM. EVER.
People who do this are responsible for a console's demise, so what is the point? Pirate proof all the way - big it up Nintendo - the GBA rocks ;)
Sat 07/07/01 at 16:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I was going to download an ISO image of Corel Linux but I couldn't be bothered. It was 486mb, after all.
Sat 07/07/01 at 16:34
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
turbonutter wrote:
> Right. Who can honestly be bothered to download a 650mb ISO image
> though?

They are in Winrar format and compressed. The size ranges from 80MB - 200MB. Then, when burnt to a CD, 200-700MB+.

They only take about 10 hours to download so I leave it on over night.
Sat 07/07/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Right. Who can honestly be bothered to download a 650mb ISO image though?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.