GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"list-o-game!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/06/04 at 23:04
Regular
So it's been about five months since I used my Xbox, though to be fair I stopped console gaming in general. Now you get to do one of those fun things where you suggest a load of games that have come out recently that I can buy.

Don't say KOTOR, don't suggest a racing or sport game and don't plug anything with LIVE support, because I don't have it. And please only games that have already been released in the UK.

You may go!!
Sun 13/06/04 at 23:56
Regular
I'd be happy with anything that wasn't sport or racing really, as long as it's good.

Morrowind I've had for years on t'PC.

Someone explain this Gaiden of Ninjaring to me, is it a sort of run through levels beating people up game or is there something else to it?
Sun 13/06/04 at 23:59
Regular
"Insert Gently"
You must get Halo...that will get you playing your Xbox again
Mon 14/06/04 at 00:00
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Or Splinter Cell: PT
Mon 14/06/04 at 00:00
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah it's a slasher. You are a ninja, you slash people. Lots of people. It's also one of the hardest games in years.

Other things I'd recommend:
Worms 3D
Commandos 2
Amped or Amped 2
Max Payne or Max Payne 2
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time
Mon 14/06/04 at 07:48
Regular
": ("
Timesplitters 2.
Mon 14/06/04 at 09:36
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Someone explain this Gaiden of Ninjaring to me, is it a sort of run
> through levels beating people up game or is there something else to
> it?

Yeah, basically you got swords, nunchucks, throwing stars, all weapons of a ninjaaaa really. You then just pretty much dash through levels, performing similar jumping moves and wall-running to the likes of Prince of Persia, if you've played or seen that. And then you can sort of link the two. There are a couple of difficulties and in excess of ten levels, and its very, very good fun to play.

A good bet.
Mon 14/06/04 at 09:45
Regular
Ninja Gaiden is superb, probably my favourite XBox game yet. Splinter Cell: PT is also good, but not quite on the same level as Hitman.

Don't bother with Amped, only great snowboarding game out at the moment is 1080. Which does rock a fair amount, though.
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:39
Regular
The guy in NG is from DoA right? Does that mean the combat is like that, with loads of combos and stuff?

Also do you 'level up' at all or gain new skills, or is the only thing that changes the weapons you get?
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's been called one of the best games ever, leave it at that.
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:43
Regular
You gain new combos and things by finding scrolls, and as well as finding loads of new weapons/spells, you can upgrade them too. Combat truly is awesome, I wouldn't worry about that, some of the bosses are brilliant too.

Ikaruga and VJ are much harder than it, though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.