GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"list-o-game!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/06/04 at 23:04
Regular
So it's been about five months since I used my Xbox, though to be fair I stopped console gaming in general. Now you get to do one of those fun things where you suggest a load of games that have come out recently that I can buy.

Don't say KOTOR, don't suggest a racing or sport game and don't plug anything with LIVE support, because I don't have it. And please only games that have already been released in the UK.

You may go!!
Mon 14/06/04 at 20:16
Regular
Me too, beyond that it's a complete and utter joke, though. The mini-boss on the third level (I think) always breaks my chain, too.

Brilliant game though, can't wait to get Shikigami, points system sounds superb.
Mon 14/06/04 at 17:13
Regular
Ikaruga is rock.

I can get to chapter 4 without using a continue, but from there on it's totally ridiculous.
Mon 14/06/04 at 17:05
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I find Amped and Amped 2 to both be superior to 1080 Avalanche. I
> like 1080, but Amped just feels better.

Amped 1 & 2 are fun, but before too long it gets really dull. I'll be honest and say I hated 1080 when I first played it, and you do need to give it soem time, but once you do it really opens up and turns into probably the most fast-paced racing/sports title around. Of course, if you're after tricks it's not much good, but for raw racing it can't be beaten by another snowboard game.

> And as for Ikaruga, it's only difficult if you can't understand the
> language. Viewtiful Joe was a tad strenuous at times but doesn't
> compare to Ninja Gaiden on anything above Normal.

Well I'm playing through Ninja Gaiden on Hard and after the initial extreme difficulty of the first boss I haven't found much challenge until the chapter I'm currently on, with the purple-winged boss. It's hard, but I foudn both Ikaruga and Viewtiful Joe harder. Sure, Ikaruga is easy to complete; play a few times, get unlimited lives and keep hammering away, btu have you tried to get through an entire level chainign as you go? It's damn hard, and much tougher than Ninja Gaiden, the level of precision is insane. I'm not normally one for trying to reach high scores, but with Ikaruga it's different.

After playing throuhg VJ on Hard and V-Rated, so far it's harder than Ninja Gaiden is. That doesn't mean I don't love NG, as I said it's probably my favourite XBox, it's just not quite as hard as I expected.
Mon 14/06/04 at 15:35
Regular
Yep, I'll be grabbing my brother's Far Cry when he comes back from Uni. Chronicles of Riddick looks great too.
Mon 14/06/04 at 15:31
Regular
Yeah go with Ninja Gaiden; awesome awesome game, grab Thief 3 for the PC and possibly Far Cry depending on how powerful your PC and whether or not you have already played it.

Full Spectrum Warrior is out next Friday which is a must and then a few months down the line grab The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape fro, Butcher Bay, my copy will arrive before the end of the week so I will drop a verdict on that.

Aside from that there isn't really that much else; taking into consideration you don't have LIVE.
Mon 14/06/04 at 14:45
"I love yo... lamp."
I actually respect Rickoss quite a lot, but I have to disagree with him on both accounts.

I find Amped and Amped 2 to both be superior to 1080 Avalanche. I like 1080, but Amped just feels better.

And as for Ikaruga, it's only difficult if you can't understand the language. Viewtiful Joe was a tad strenuous at times but doesn't compare to Ninja Gaiden on anything above Normal.

Ninja Gaiden is a good choice. You'll like it.
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:51
Regular
Okay. I've got KOTOR on the way for Xbox, as I found it £10 cheaper than the PC version. And Harvest Moon for GC coming.

So in about a months time I'll be getting Thief III (PC) and one Xbox game, which looks like it will be Ninja Gaiden.
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:43
Regular
You gain new combos and things by finding scrolls, and as well as finding loads of new weapons/spells, you can upgrade them too. Combat truly is awesome, I wouldn't worry about that, some of the bosses are brilliant too.

Ikaruga and VJ are much harder than it, though.
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's been called one of the best games ever, leave it at that.
Mon 14/06/04 at 13:39
Regular
The guy in NG is from DoA right? Does that mean the combat is like that, with loads of combos and stuff?

Also do you 'level up' at all or gain new skills, or is the only thing that changes the weapons you get?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.