GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Over 6 months..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/06/04 at 16:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Over 6 six months since I did it last... It was probably about November the last time I bought myself a Game for my GC, and indulgded in it's purpley goodness.

It's not like I've though about it, and intentionally not bought one for that long, but it's just gone that way. I never had money when the 'big' titles came out, and had a lot of XBOX back-catalogue to catch up on since December.

So, Mario Golf should be winging its way to me soon, in time for me to sample its Nintendo goodness by the weekend, hopefully. And, if my reviewing pays off, I could be getting back into the 'cube as easily as I got out of it.

I love you, Nintendo
Fri 18/06/04 at 20:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's not really stealth. It's 'stealth-action'.
Fri 18/06/04 at 20:07
Regular
Just wasn't my cup of tea.

I thought I'd give it a chance, but after having played Splinter Cell, it just didn't seem to hack it as a stealth shooter.

On deciding I didn't enjoy it, I returned it.
Fri 18/06/04 at 19:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Brent Spiner wrote:
> I had, I played, I cried.

You didn't like then? Why?
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:46
Regular
I had, I played, I cried.
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
BAH! I still need to get Metal Gear.

Humbug.
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
Haha! Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes being of interest?

How amusing.
Fri 18/06/04 at 15:20
Regular
I fail to see where Nintendo benefiting from a financial point of view compares with the fact that Metal Gear: Twin Snakes has been the only Cube game of any remote interest this year and we are now in June. I want good games, not a sheet with good sales figures thatmeans jack all to me.
Fri 18/06/04 at 14:05
"I love yo... lamp."
In terms of sales, FIFA 2004 is simply the biggest hitter out there. But yet we would mostly bar it from a discussion like this because it isn't all that good.

In fact most games on any system apart from EA games are relative flops.
Fri 18/06/04 at 14:02
"I love yo... lamp."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Indeed, I did say this year. I agree that on the whole Nintendo have
> the best exclusive titles however this year Microsoft have had by a
> country mile the best line-up both on and offline.

Nintendo DO have more (and generally good) exclusives. But exclusives don't make or break a console. Rainbow Six 3, not an exclusive. But it was for a long period and became a huge title. KOTOR is not exclusive either, but I personally prefer it to Zelda The Wind Waker.
>
> As far as I can see Microsoft have the strongest line-up from here on
> in, this is excluding games like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 as there is
> no way I am playing a dumbed down port for either of the two, the
> only way either can truly be experienced is on a very high end PC
> which is where I will be getting them.

I agree that Doom 3 and Half Life 2 would be better on the PC, but I think I'll probably get both on the Xbox as well because I genuinely prefer playing games on a console. More comfortable etc. I also prefer Live to PC gaming.

I don't think there is any doubt that SC:PT for example is better on the Xbox than the PS2.

In terms of exclusives, the GC wins. In terms of just great games, the Xbox wins. I have both, hence the best of both worlds. Merely an observation.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> So becuse a game sells more it suddenly becomes a better game...
> right...

Nobody said that Pokemon Colosseum was better than Ninja Gaiden or vice versa, I merely stated that it probably sold more copies (as Pokemon titles tend to sell loads of copies), so therefore from a financial standpoint it could be seen as a bigger hitter.
It may not be very good, but it has sold well, showing Nintendo have had at least one big successful game out so far this year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.