GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Moral Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic'.
Thu 17/06/04 at 14:58
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
I just can't help it. Sorry guys :0(
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
In KOTOR you don't choose at the start - you choose all throughout the game, which in fact has two story-threads, depending on your actions. It's brilliant.

Morrowind is similar, if a little less 'moral'. The thing with Morrowind is it's enourmous and impressive, but a little flat - you're the only catalyst and there are many ways around being in trouble. Normally.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:41
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
I suppose Black And White could be considered moral gaming also, because you can choose to help the villagers or just throw boulders at them. In my opinion, the more a game attempts to mess with your emotions, the more engaging it becomes.
Fri 18/06/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Morrowind, like Knights of the Old Republic, is another example where players morals can play a part in how your character develops.
You can be a sneaky evil little thief, go around killing innocent people and generally menace about, or you can be a heroic protector of the people, who fights baddies and does good. It all depends on how you want to play the game.

You get an option to test your morals right near the beginning of the game with that little Fargoth gimp. Fargoth is a villager that you meet right at the beginning of your quest, and he's lost his lovely ring (which you happen to find), so do you give the ring back to him to improve your friendship rating and be given a small reward, or just keep it for yourself and use its magical abilities?

There are loads and loads more examples of those types of decisions in that game, either giving people stuff that is theirs or just keeping it for yourself.
Fri 18/06/04 at 10:49
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
I just kill as many people as possible. Tis fun :0)
Fri 18/06/04 at 09:13
Regular
"eat toast!"
personally anyone with a moral would think twice before choosing bad on his first go. But personally, if i have completed the game or theres a game that requires me to do evil to do good, than by all means go with it. But in GTA i keep killing to a minimum unless i know that i'm screwed or there was some unfortunate fellow in front of my target and i could get away with it.
Fri 18/06/04 at 01:37
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Can you actually choose the dark side? But is it just a case of picking either a good character or a bad one?
Thu 17/06/04 at 22:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

One of the key features of the game is chooisng a moral path. Light or Dark side. It's a little obvious, but it's a good example.
Thu 17/06/04 at 21:54
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
True, I remember burning many-a-Sim with the 'ol cooker fires. Put it this way: I had no neighbours :0D
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:02
Regular
"8==="
Shooting kids in Deus Ex was strange...

But then again the lightly-rated Sims would let you torch them to ashes, so there you go.
Thu 17/06/04 at 17:12
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Please explain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.