GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harvest Moon (GC)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harvest Moon'.
Mon 21/06/04 at 09:13
Regular
"Remember me?"
OK... so after buying a load of other games, I finally went back to Harvest Moon on the 'Cube. Great game, only I'm a little clueless as to why my character keeps getting dizzy and displaying the 'word', "GUU~". He holds his stomach when he does it, so I'm assuming he's hungry. I had a shoofty around my house too, and I noticed you can cook your own food... only, I can't find any food to cook. The only two things I can think of is waiting for my tomatoes to grow, or attacking my cow (Morag), sheep (Welsher) or dog (Pedro) with the sickle.

Put simply:

My farmer needs food. Where does he get it?!

Cheers.
Sat 26/06/04 at 11:34
Regular
": ("
I'm getting Harvest Moon tommorow from the SR Basildon store.

^_^

I was going to get Animal Crossing until I read Gamespot's review for both the games, this is what made my think when I was reading the Harvest Moon review :

It's a little bit more structured, but fans of low-key, open-ended games like The Sims or Animal Crossing will likely find a lot of what they liked in those games in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

Now, its more structured and thats exactly what im looking for. Animal Crossing sounds more open ended and doesn't sound like it has a main goal to it. Also, if I wanted to get Animal Crossing i'd either have to buy it from Ebay or Import it where I could run the risk of paying import charges so I've decided to get Harvest Moon.

I will most probably get Animal Crossing in September when it is released here.

I'm looking forward to milking cows, grwoing crop, finding wives and basically being a farmer!
Fri 25/06/04 at 19:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
"As good as this game is, it could have been so much better."
-----

I'm only at the end of my second-year, but already, I can see what you mean.

For a start, there should be a way to make Murrey GO HOME! :p

At the very least, you should be able to fish-up more from the lakes and streams other than simply different types of fish. Like with Animal Crossing, why can't you get the odd boot here-or-there? Get a pair of them together, give them to that homeless tramp, and walking-away he goes!

:)
Fri 25/06/04 at 17:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I can only confirm they're present during spring and summer though,
> as I havne't got futher than that.

The weeds are there all year round, and they change type every season.
Thu 24/06/04 at 23:44
"period drama"
5{te:
> I've started playing Harvest Moon again and I was just wondering about
> something. I'm saving up to buy the Milking Room and the Food
> Proccessing room, but after I've bought these two buildings, do more
> buildings become available?

I don't think so. I just got the milking room, and nothing else has appeared (even though the food processing room is still to be bought come the summer fruits).

Which really sucks.
As good as this game is, it could have been so much better.

An irrigation system?
Pigs?
Marrying whoever you want?
More barn space?
Auto animal-washer?
Auto egg-collecter?

So by the end of the game, you're farm would be running itself - all you'd have to do it pick up the products and sell them on, the relax in your old age and watch the money roll in.
Thu 24/06/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've started playing Harvest Moon again and I was just wondering about something. I'm saving up to buy the Milking Room and the Food Proccessing room, but after I've bought these two buildings, do more buildings become available?
Mon 21/06/04 at 19:01
"period drama"
Albino-Man wrote:
> Tried that, heh. Bought a drink, drank it, went outside and my guy
> nearly toppled over.
>
> Lightweight? :P

That means he's bloody knackered as well - get some sleep!
Although:
If you go to sleep, save the game when it asks you to, then reset the console - it'll be the same time (when you load up) as it was before you slept - and you won't be tired anymore.

Milk teh cow if you want some food.
Or scrouge plants - if its Spring, there'll be wirey-looking green scrub around the place you can pick and eat.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
yes buy a fishing rod from Van and fish in your spare time (you should have lots of it). keep the fish you catch in cold storage and eat 2 a day at 7am and pm and you'll be fine.
Mon 21/06/04 at 15:35
Regular
There are green herbs dotted around the map you can eat. They grow back every day, there's enough to use one to feed your dog and four for you.

I can only confirm they're present during spring and summer though, as I havne't got futher than that.
Mon 21/06/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Get a fishing rod, and fish.
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:21
Regular
Your character doesn't look like me does he?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.