GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shadow Ops: Red Mercury"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shadow Ops: Red Mercury'.
Mon 21/06/04 at 19:36
Regular
"8==="
Is it any good and does it have statistics on Live?
Sun 27/06/04 at 17:52
Regular
Tis worth it, only around 2 moe quid than A,azon with 1st class postage yet you will have a lot of the games months before we get them here, Riddick being a prime example.
Sun 27/06/04 at 17:50
Regular
Damn you and your Riddick!

Thanks for the email BTW, I shall be in touch with him once my bank account is populated again :D
Sun 27/06/04 at 17:49
Regular
After Far Cry and Riddick, believe me this game is crap. The Ragdol physics were my only saving grace. Worth a rental though to try it out.
Sun 27/06/04 at 17:44
Regular
Meh, maybe my standards are too high, but I seriously despise this game.
Sun 27/06/04 at 13:44
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I'm thouroughly enjoying this game too. The later levels are awesome. The ragdoll physics kick ass when they roll down stairs and fall down the missile solo shafts. Bullett Must have a broken version.

Every review I've read of it so far (except bulletts) has give it more than 7/10, so it must be doing something right.

Admittedly, I don't plan to play it online but hey, they do release updates and things for it so they will probably fix the lag problem.

Anyway, don't go by my opinion, don't go buy Bullett's opinion, go by your own.
Fri 25/06/04 at 07:45
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Hmm I keep wondering if maybe I have a special "good game" edition of this game because I'm obviously playing a different version. It's no 10/10 game but 8/10 definitely!
Fri 25/06/04 at 07:24
Regular
This game is terrible. Atrocious. Appaling. A serious contender for Worst Xbox Game Ever (or at least worst Xbox FPS).

Loading times so long, you could go make a cuppa before the level opens.

The FMV is jittery and slow, which is a crime punishable by death in this day & age.

The AI are a bunch of retards (both enemies & allies). Your Teammates will take cover and do fook all until you've wasted the hordes of enemies coming at you from every direction - and they never seem to stop coming. Said enemies will even run right up to you - in the middle of a big firefight.

The aiming system is toss, you need to hold the L trigger to scope in as standalone aiming is pathetically useless. Once scoped in, it's still hard to aim - I mean this in a "I'm aiming right between your eyes and emptying a clip, yet you're still alive" kinda way. It's really wrong. Oh, and the main rifle doesn't seem to have a fully automatic mode, meaning you're forced to let go of the trigger every now and again, otherwise it'll just stop firing. Grenades are pap too.

Er, another thing - The opening level of this game is reminiscent of the Black Hawk Down Movie, where you are planted in a hostile City. Didn't they wear helmets then? Isn't it regulation to always wear a helmet in battle? So why the hell are these numptys wearing sod all to pretect their hollow skulls??? Jeebus this game sucks, yet I must continue,

The level design is enough to send you on a killing spree round Atari HQ - it's that bloody "hey, let's make this bit of the level where they have to go into this enclosed square and there are enemies surrounding said square, armed with RPG's!". You have no idea what to expect, then the next thing you know, BAM! about 3-4 rockets heading right for your slapstick posse.

I'm disgusted very much about this game, and I haven't even got onto the Multiplayer yet.

Well, System Link will be the same as Live, so I haven't tried that. But Live was disgusting (heh, I could only find 2 games!). Extremely laggy, even though there was only 4 players in the arena. And it's the incredibly annoying kind of lag, where you walk forward, lag back, then forwads again, then right?! Then somewhere bloody else in the map!

Understandably, this makes it kinda impossible to play the game properly. I was constantly emptying clips into people and they weren't going down - I'd die, then it would say about 10 seconds later, that I killed someone!

Throwing grenades is a gamble too. You really don't know if you've thrown one due to the incredible lag.

The whole Live experience is one I'd rather forget - my getting rid of this game will help ensure that.

Ultimately, it's one of those games that tries to appeal, yet does everything it sets out to do - poorly. If you have got and enjoy Rainbow Six 3, any Ghost Recon or even CounterStrike, I would avoid this like the plague as there is nothing at all good about it (okay, maybe the THX sound, but that's it).

If you don't have the above mentioned games and are thinking of getting this, give yourself a huge slap then proceed to buy Rainbow Six 3.

Er, I didn't expect this to turn into as review of sorts, but I suppose I'd better rate it anyway - 3/10
Tue 22/06/04 at 12:38
Regular
"eat toast!"
apparently single player is good. A demo is around somewhere but its in america. They say the action is always intense. If you like action games, this might be for you. Me? i was thinking of getting it but i'll need a demo to see first. Got 8.0 from OXM.
Tue 22/06/04 at 12:32
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I bought red mercury by the images on the back and from like a 20sec clip I saw somewhere and although the enemies are slightly stupid, it is still very impressive, especialy when playing with earphones. The co-op mode is also great.

The only letdown is that it takes literally 1:30 to load a level and it's very annoying when your co-op buddy blows you up with a grenade.
Mon 21/06/04 at 22:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I quote (generally) - enemies have 3 manoveurs (sp!) - lean, duck. Or run at you blindly. Innovation is non-existent. Etc.

Save money for Chronicles of Riddick - that appears to be astounding.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.