GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil: Ever to grace XBOX/2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil'.
Sat 26/06/04 at 13:11
Regular
I'm disappointed Capcom have put Resi's only on Gamecube, the sales have dramatically dropped because of the Gamecube units sold! Is it ever possible to bring them to the Great one?
What do you think?
Sat 25/09/04 at 19:00
Regular
"Braaains"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> The dogs weren't that bad.

But they *were* lifted wholesale from Alone in the Dark.
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:13
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
The dogs weren't that bad.
Sat 25/09/04 at 16:26
Regular
"Braaains"
The only really good Resi game was RE3. As for Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2 is the one to get. It's actually scary all the way through, none of this dogs jumping through windows cheap scares rubbish.
Wed 22/09/04 at 02:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I wouldn't say Silent Hill 4 is trying to be Resi Evil. They're still very different in that Resi games thrive on making you jump more with things bursting through windows, etc. While Silent Hill is sick and twisted and tends to put you in a mood of "crap, what was that ?" with things dropping on the floor, etc.

Even though you get to fight a little more in this one, even the combat is different and sticks with the nature of the game. Resi goes for firepower with various guns and stuff. You get a couple of different handguns in SH4, but most of the time you'll be using things like golf clubs, bats and pipes and swinging them violently at the enemies, which again adds to the sick sense that you're really beating the hell out of something rather just swiping at it with these really weak motions like you get in other similar games.

You tend to do the equivelent of a baseball swing at something, beat it to the ground and then slam your foot onto it to finish it off. Of course Resi tends to have you blowing zombies heads off, but again, both games have this different approach with their horror content.
I'm very impressed with SH4, the story had me drawn to it a lot more than the Resi games.

Not taking anything away from the Resi games though cause they are a good series.
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:28
Regular
DreamWarBird wrote:
> Apparently Silent Hill 4 is more action (More hack and slash), and
> less puzzles etc. Its trying to be Resi Evil.

Alone in the Dark may have started it, Silent Hill may have made the genre really scary... Eternal Darkness maybe better than it.

But Resident Evil will always be the head of the genre, and as gamers slowly get tired of the game they go and make Resi 4.

Which'll kill everything.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:41
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Apparently Silent Hill 4 is more action (More hack and slash), and less puzzles etc. Its trying to be Resi Evil.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:40
Regular
Heh very wishful thinking there.

The games may go multi-format next generation...

But Nintendo and Sony are more likely to get them than Microsoft.

Especially as both have seperate series' of the games already and the X-box doesn't have one.
Tue 21/09/04 at 18:14
Regular
Personally, I like all spooky horror games, so I like Silent Hill, too. But even Alone in the Dark can't compare to the almighty Resident Evil. If the XBOX2 has Resident Evil on it, I can only hope they put the entire set on there... maybe even a remake of Resi2,3. Even Outbreak because the XBOX online, has proved to be a better online machine than the PS2, Capcom admitted that themselves.

PS: You can't compare Doom 3 with Resi, they're not the same, Doom 3 is Horror AND Action, Resi is a psychological Horror(-so is Silent hill).
Thu 16/09/04 at 02:02
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
You never know, it must just grace XBOX 2!
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Nicolaj"
I donīt think theres comming a Resident Evil to X-Box but mabye on X-Box 2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.