GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"APPEAL: BUY BUY BUY!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/01 at 00:00
Regular
Ok, so not content with my idea for Gameaway Summer 2K1, I have dismissed my shortfallings and decided to start an appeal.

Not for charity, but for Special Reserve. Now - believe me when I say this, they are not paying me to write this!

Many of you have won a game or a film or 2 or more on the site, saving you the expense of either around £20 for a DVD or £40 for a game. Woohoo! That's great isn't it. BUT.

Special Reserve are unique in this sense. Do you know any other website that does this? No? Exactly. So, this is my plea, which will hopefully give SR a slight boost.

During the next week, I am appealing to you to make an order on the site in order to keep SR going - to keep the famous GAD and FAD going.

You can order anything of course - but just get one item or more within the next 7days. BUY that game you always wanted - BUY that film you've been craving for, but BUY them here. The prices are reasonable, with NO shipping costs and no hidden charges. And everytime you order you get a REDDY! So, just five orders will gain you enough reddies for redemption of a free gift!

"Reddies for redemption!"

Ok. So, maybe you want a GBA - you should get one, don't delay. And don't listen to SR's news topic saying not to order won - win one instead - just get one now! It'll save disappointment.

Still interested in a PS2? That £299.99 deal seems like the best around and it's available with 0% finance. You get a PS2 - £270, an extra official memory card £30, an extra official pad £20 and a DVD remote - £10 I would imagine. so you're saving a good £30 there, after the PS2 reduction!!

Get a DREAMCAST! Cheap, plentiful and unashamedly Sega - this little beaut is the fastest thing under a ton. Best game selection in a long time and crazy Taxi 2 is out friday.

SO. Will I be buying something? Err, erm, yes I will. And you should too.

I want you to feel proud about buying something from here - and you should do. If you do make the order - tell us in this topic - with what you bought, when, why and how much it was. Simple really?

Ok, thanks for reading.

Now go hunt your parent's credit cards out! Ask their permission first of course.

Dan
Wed 04/07/01 at 14:19
"High polygon count"
Your Honour wrote:
>> Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
>> so that should net them another small fortune!

>"Another" small fortune? You mean they already have one?

Well, let me put it this way - they've had more of my wages for the last few months than I have! :-)
Wed 04/07/01 at 13:56
Disposable income, I wish I had some of that, heck I wish I had an income. Wont be a student for much longer though...role on October YEAH! :-)
Wed 04/07/01 at 13:13
I think I'll buy something on Friday.
Wed 04/07/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Good point.

That never really occurs to me, I presume everyone here is the same age as me (28).

I have a disposable income that allows me to buy the games I want, when I want.
I remember asking for a game and having to wait.

GAD and FAD are brilliant ways to encourage people to write, they win a game they otherwise would have to wait ages for.

Never looked at it like that.

Cheers
Wed 04/07/01 at 11:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yeah, but people try to win GAD because they cannot afford to buy the game in the first place.
Wed 04/07/01 at 10:04
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
so that should net them another small fortune!

"Another" small fortune? You mean they already have one?
Wed 04/07/01 at 09:58
Regular
"..."
New Jimmy wrote:
> I'll be buying a GameBoyAdvance from Special Reserve but first I
> have to sell my 19" Monitor.....

Just wondering, How much do you want for the monitor..?
Wed 04/07/01 at 09:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Dan2K1 wrote:
>Do you know any other website that does this? No? Exactly.

There's about 80 sites worldwide that I know of doing the equivalent type of competition, but instead of a game per day it's more like 7 games per week or 30 games per month depending on which site you go to.

No, I'm NOT going to list them...
Wed 04/07/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
A sound-car is the latest in sonic technology designed to make driving easier.

Automan had one.
Wed 04/07/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
In the past month, I have purchased from SR;

Sound-Car
64mb Ram
Operation Flashpoint
Tribes 2

I'm doing my bit, and not because of any "Let's save SR" appeal.
Because I need things, and they sell them.

It seems like a fair set-up to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.