GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 won't 'boot'"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/06/04 at 09:37
Regular
"Yee knows too much!"
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone can help. I am having a problem with my PS2 at the moment.
When I turn the PS2 on, it doesn't seem to boot (to the main Sony screen with 'Browser' on it). It will boot about 1 in 30 trys of resetting it and if it does then boot, if I insert a CD or game, it won't load it!
I'm not sure what to do. I managed to load a CD lens cleaner thing a couple of days ago but that didnt seem to help, in fact, its probably got worse since then.
Any help anyone can give would be gratefull recieved! Thanks!
Thu 08/07/04 at 10:19
"Was the man of marz"
If u phone Sony, they will tell you to clean it with a low powerd hoover, and then there next sentance is, we can send you a new one for £70. sounds alot but you just give back the broken console and you keep your Memory cards, controllers etc and you can't get a PS2 new for £70 in the shops. on the point of PS2 breaking within a couple of years, I know people where there PS2's have packed up in the first year, and I wouldn't advise because I am sure shops check serials but I know someone who has more than once brought a PS2, and taken back there old broken one and got away woth it.
Fri 02/07/04 at 13:29
Regular
"tim nice but dim!!!"
try turning the ps2 upside down it will load every time easy when you know how
Wed 30/06/04 at 06:49
Regular
You 'boot' anthing electrical. It's just another term for 'turning on' or 'powering up'.

My PS2 never died - all three of them. In fact, the only console to die on me was a SNES - 5 minutes after I bought it (second hand).
Tue 29/06/04 at 21:22
Regular
i was told by a friend that after a few years the PS2 stops working for some reason.
It might be the laser wearing out,how long have you had it?
And you turn on a PS2 and boot a pc
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:18
Regular
Go away
Tue 29/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"lma cheats"
has anye 1 plz got any cheats for lma 2004 code 8041 thank you!!!!!!!!
Tue 29/06/04 at 10:31
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
When I booted up my PS2, it came up with disc read error after I had had it for about 3 yrs, after having used a variety of disc cleaners and repairs. I bought a new one from woolworths for £99 and it was amazing when it booted up FFX-2 perfectly.
Tue 29/06/04 at 09:36
Regular
Contact Sony Customer Support. If they can't help over the phone, they'll repair the unit(s) for you. Otherwise get an Xbox with Xbox Live.
Tue 29/06/04 at 09:33
Regular
"Yee knows too much!"
Hi there again,
If i boot it and then put the memory card in once its booted, it just freezes!
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:49
Regular
Sounds to me like it's in need of some good blowing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.