GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want an xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/06/04 at 20:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
But i'd better not buy one.

*Feels torn*
Tue 29/06/04 at 03:05
"I love yo... lamp."
cookie monster wrote:
> First person shooters. I would play online all the time.

Why deprive yourself? You have RS3, Counter Strike, Unreal Championship and the other one, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon: Island Thunder, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Full Spectrum Warrior (sort of) and XIII. That is just online. Offline has all of them plus Halo, Chronicles Of Riddick, TimeSplitters 2, James Bond Nightfire and Agent Under Fire and Medal Of Honour: Frontline and Rising Sun.

In the future there is Halo 2, Far Cry Instincts, Call Of Duty something, TimeSplitters 3, Doom 3, Half Life 2, Headhunter Redemption, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Ghost Recon 2, Conker: Live and Uncut and Shell Shock: 'Nam 67.

That is just those I can think of. My point being that the Xbox is by far the leading platform for console shooters, with several being far better on a console than on a PC.

G'won, treat yourself.
Mon 28/06/04 at 14:12
Regular
Live's the only thing worth playing on this generation of consoles...well that and Halo, Ninja Gaiden...Zelda...okay quite a lot of games.

But Live's very good don't ya know?
Mon 28/06/04 at 14:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You dont need to sell it, i know i want it.

But at the moment my willpower is keeping my money in my pocket. But my willpower will break, it always does.
Mon 28/06/04 at 11:50
Regular
And Cookie, I bet you're dead familiar with Conker...

now imagine that online... :-O

(have we sold it yet?) ;-D
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Teal'c"
CM is getting 2 meg broadband in 4 weeks.

BOOOO.
Mon 28/06/04 at 08:03
Regular
FPS-wise, get Rainbow Six 3 and CounterStrike - the two most popular FPS games on Xbox Live.

Although not an FPS, get Full Spectrum Warrior - you must play this game, it's so different from anything else.

Do you like racing games? Get PGR2, Rallisport Challenge 2 and maybe TOCA 2.

You might want to get Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow too - but it is a love/hate game so you might want to rent it first.

What other genres/games are you interested in? Whatever they are, Xbox can most probably cater for them.
Mon 28/06/04 at 07:09
Regular
": ("
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I prefer it offline to anything else bar the Dreamcast anyway.

Same here, I haven't been on Xbox Live and my Xbox for ages.
Sun 27/06/04 at 23:20
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Then consider the Box of Xness recommended by moi, if you want online FPS-ing. Unreal Championship, Halo 2, Rainbow Six 3 (absolute class) and so much more. And then, if you like your odd driving game too, there's PGR2, Rallisport 2, TOCA 2, and so on.

But seriously, if you want online shooting at its best, I'm sure there'll be more than just me on here recommending Xbox, m'lad.

Anything else you need to know?
Sun 27/06/04 at 23:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ashman wrote:
> Ask yourself this, if you get one, are you likely to play it online a
> lot? If so, then it may well be worth it.
>
> What games interest you?

First person shooters. I would play online all the time.
Sun 27/06/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just like designing the houses, I just build them, keep them for a little while and then build another.

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.