GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which games should a Xbox newbie be buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/06/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Ok ordered a Xbox, got Midtown Madness 3, Halo and Burnout on its way, with a free controller aswell as the main one (plan to hopefully get 2 more free one's once i get more reddies), also have Live for 2 months. So which games should I be going for, if you mention one please let me know the basis of what it is, I had a playstation 1 but as it broke about a year ago I've not really played games for a while now. As I don't really know anyone with a Xbox thought it might be wise to ask around on here, I'm not really too bothered about getting brand new games as I've not played the now older games like Halo, which from looking from the amount of reviews looks like a pretty decent game. Also on a side-note, anyone know when Fifa 2005 will be out, will be it worth getting the 2004 one or is it already nearly ready to come out.

Kez

P.S. Thanks for replies in advance.
Tue 29/06/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Ok ordered a Xbox, got Midtown Madness 3, Halo and Burnout on its way, with a free controller aswell as the main one (plan to hopefully get 2 more free one's once i get more reddies), also have Live for 2 months. So which games should I be going for, if you mention one please let me know the basis of what it is, I had a playstation 1 but as it broke about a year ago I've not really played games for a while now. As I don't really know anyone with a Xbox thought it might be wise to ask around on here, I'm not really too bothered about getting brand new games as I've not played the now older games like Halo, which from looking from the amount of reviews looks like a pretty decent game. Also on a side-note, anyone know when Fifa 2005 will be out, will be it worth getting the 2004 one or is it already nearly ready to come out.

Kez

P.S. Thanks for replies in advance.
Tue 29/06/04 at 15:06
Regular
Most people who have Live own Rainbow Six 3 so I'd say that's your best choice for starters.
Tue 29/06/04 at 15:25
"I love yo... lamp."
Don't bother with FIFA. Towards Christmas Pro Evo 4 will be out on the Xbox with Live play. It will be far superior to any FIFA game.

Depends what type of games you like. Rainbow Six 3 is indeed a must have for Live, as is Project Gotham Racing 2. A few other random good games:

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
XIII
Jet Set Radio Future
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell
Amped
Top Spin
Crimson Skies
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:38
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Soul Calibur 2.
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
XIII
Jet Set Radio Future
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell: PT
Project Gotham Racing 2
Fifa 2004
Grand Theft Auto: DP
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Halo is a must for any Xbox owner
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
XIII - What is this game about everytime I try to look at reviews it appears on my screen as "Site is blocked" and haven't a clue why, so not sure what the game is about at all.
Tue 29/06/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Anonymous wrote:
> Halo is a must for any Xbox owner.

I've realised just how over-rated that game is. It's good on co-op, but the single player mode is actually quite dull, and the level designs are very samey, and boring. But back to the original question. It depends on what genre of games interest you, so I'll give you a little list of games that I own, as I would recommend any of them:

Driver 3
Freedom Fighters (this IS a must)
Madden 2004
Dead or Alive 3
PGR2
Toca 2
The Sims: Bustin' Out (I've already been slagged off for this)
Tue 29/06/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
RedKez wrote:
> XIII - What is this game about everytime I try to look at reviews it
> appears on my screen as "Site is blocked" and haven't a
> clue why, so not sure what the game is about at all.

It's a cell shaded First Person Shooter, based on some Magazine. It's a good game, and you should be able to find it quite cheap.
Tue 29/06/04 at 23:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It's an amazing game, muchly overlooked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.