GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which games should a Xbox newbie be buying?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/06/04 at 15:04
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Ok ordered a Xbox, got Midtown Madness 3, Halo and Burnout on its way, with a free controller aswell as the main one (plan to hopefully get 2 more free one's once i get more reddies), also have Live for 2 months. So which games should I be going for, if you mention one please let me know the basis of what it is, I had a playstation 1 but as it broke about a year ago I've not really played games for a while now. As I don't really know anyone with a Xbox thought it might be wise to ask around on here, I'm not really too bothered about getting brand new games as I've not played the now older games like Halo, which from looking from the amount of reviews looks like a pretty decent game. Also on a side-note, anyone know when Fifa 2005 will be out, will be it worth getting the 2004 one or is it already nearly ready to come out.

Kez

P.S. Thanks for replies in advance.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:37
Regular
RedKez wrote:
> XIII - What is this game about everytime I try to look at reviews it
> appears on my screen as "Site is blocked" and haven't a
> clue why, so not sure what the game is about at all.

This is a superb cartoon style fps. With loads of levels, varied gameplay and great graphics it is a must have if you like shoot em ups. I have heard that its not great on live, but for 15 quid who cares?
Any way 4 player split screen deathmatch is priceless.
Tue 06/07/04 at 13:07
Regular
Knights of the Old Republic, PGR2, Morrowind GOTY.
Mon 05/07/04 at 13:44
"I love yo... lamp."
The only thing that fails you in Rainbow Six 3 is when YOU die. Even if the rest of the team are incapacitated, as long as you don't die you complete the mission.

PGR2 is not that realistic. You don't have to be a car nut to like it. Simply the best racer ever.
Mon 05/07/04 at 13:41
"Was the man of marz"
A hard question to answer due to taste, but ones thing for sure, the Xbox gives you the best games out there, but later and more expensive than any other console, and the classics range, don't bother. I'm into drivoing and shooting games and here is my top list:
1- Driv3r, good graphics and gameplay, few glitches but probaly the only game of this type where going to get for a long time
2- Gta3, Vice city pack- San andreas is going to take ages to come onto the Xbox so thats why driv3r is top of my list, because even though with this set you get two great games or £30, they are old and we've all clocked them, even if you've not got a pS2
3- Colin Mcrae 04- Stunning graphics, and levels, car damage fantasic- (you can stall the car)
4- Tony Hawks Underground- By far the best levels, tricks and story out of all the series, but with glitches (brilliant activision) and a linear stupid plot which in the end means nothing its a bit disapointing
5- Project Gotham racing 2- Realistic and great, but you have to e a bit of a car nut to enjoy it
6- Metal arms, glitch in system- fast and furious, great fun and kicks ass compared to the PS2 version
7- Voodoo vince- This is a geat, humourus, fun platform game which is overlooked, and for this reason its cheap- £20 a while back
8- tom clancy's series- Rainbow six, great graphics but hard, Splinter cell, great but you don't always feel in control of story, Ghost recon, my fav, great missions, lots of shooting and you don't fail (unlike in Rain if one of your unit die.
9- Freedom fighters- people ait dodgey and if you can look past the soviet taking over america plot this is fun and quite good
10- Moto GP2- even if your not into bikes, if you like car track racing your love this, and the closest thing your get to an F1 game on the Xbox in the near future
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR and, erm....

Summat else.
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Correct =) Sorry didn't really make that one clear :)

Lou Role wrote:
> I'm guessing Halo.
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:50
Regular
Get Crimson Skies for online play :) very enjoyable
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm guessing Halo.
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:15
Regular
"Insert Gently"
RedKez wrote:
> Wellm got my x-box around 10am yesterday, played for a quite long
> period yesterday and around 7/8 hours today and finally completed the
> Single player mod (easy mode that is). Onto Normal, etc I guess for
> now till I get some money to buy another game, will have to wait a
> week or so at least I guess as I won't be aroun all over the weekend.
> Anyone know how long it takes SR to send the free gifts? I got my
> xbox 3 days after ordering but the free controller (allowing me to
> play multi-player, etc) hasn't arrived yet nor has it been
> dispatched.
>
> Kez

Completed What on Single Mode
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
XIII
Jet Set Radio Future
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell: PT
Project Gotham Racing 2
Fifa 2004
Grand Theft Auto: DP
Rainbow Six 3
Crimson Skies

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.