GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Emulators and ROMS..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/06/04 at 03:04
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
We all know that Nintendo have made all the well deserved money they could possibly hope for from the now obsolete N64 (utmost respect to the machine).

So should I feel guilty about downloading an N64 emulator and some ROMS (most of which I have anyway)?
Sat 10/07/04 at 16:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
actually its the nice folk who made the rom who translates it. But thats great, i can now play secerts of mana 2 (or 3 depending the verson). Which is also great.

I like the gens emulator, no hassle, damn good to play.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:54
Regular
"consoles are cool"
that 1 sucks the best ive found is zsnes which can play all snes games and translates japeneese 1s 2 english
Thu 08/07/04 at 09:38
Regular
"eat toast!"
Trish wrote:
> tigamilla wrote:
>
>
> a)- You must only download ROMS in cases where you own the original
> software.
> b)- If you DO NOT own the original software, you may download it,
> but
> you MUST delete it within 24 hours...
>
>
> Actually thats a load of rubbish, its illegal even if you own the
> original and even if you delete it within 24 hours.

It depends,A) i could say it was for back up purposes. Also i could say, b) i'm playing this rom for demo purposes. If i like it i'll go down to the arcade, forkout a hundred pounds and play it (Not often that happens).
Mon 05/07/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
tigamilla wrote:

>
> a)- You must only download ROMS in cases where you own the original
> software.
> b)- If you DO NOT own the original software, you may download it, but
> you MUST delete it within 24 hours...
>

Actually thats a load of rubbish, its illegal even if you own the original and even if you delete it within 24 hours.
Sat 03/07/04 at 23:38
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
SlaveToDixieKong wrote:
> Where did you get the emulator and roms from? PLEASE tell.

the best emulator I've come across is called 1964, and second best is nemu 64, do a google search.

As for ROMS, - well there are some rules to abide b,y failing this they is classed as illegal downloads;

a)- You must only download ROMS in cases where you own the original software.
b)- If you DO NOT own the original software, you may download it, but you MUST delete it within 24 hours...

Giving out download site addresses on forums is generally frowned upon, I would feel guilty and SR would have every right to ban me :-O

But here's a little hint...

Think "bittorrent" :P
Sat 03/07/04 at 20:47
"Hi"
Where did you get the emulator and roms from? PLEASE tell.
Wed 30/06/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anytime you feel guilty about getting anything for free off Nintendo instead of paying for their products, just remember the long years of overpriced gameboy products and feel all the guilt just wash away :-D
Wed 30/06/04 at 22:36
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Dang! there goes my well thought out post :P
Wed 30/06/04 at 17:39
"I love yo... lamp."
My record for multiple posts was over 120.
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:57
Regular
"tokyo police club"
The most multiple posting I've seen in all my days. Well done.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.