GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dynasty Warriors 5"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires'.
Wed 30/06/04 at 16:06
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The next Dynasty game from KOEI is called Dyansty Warriors 4:Empires and is based more on strategy than the other hack and slash games in the series. You command an army and you have to lead them to the conquest of China. The game focuses on some smaller kindgoms such as the Yuan family and the Nanman as well as wu wei and shu. Obviously you have a larger force depending on your kingdom and the difficulty varies accordingly. You decide which of the 24 regions in China you wish to invade, or which kingdoms you want to be your allies in order to defeat for example Cao Cao. There are also new playable warriors and more officer abilities- from powerful new Charge attacks to taunting “Challenges.”

Redesigned based on fan requests, the new Character Edit mode triples the number of character models and voices players can use to create their own warrior, plus player-created warriors can use any weapon in the game.

The game’s new VS Mode combines the furious multiplayer action of Dynasty Warriors 4’s VS and Challenge Modes into one. In VS Mode, players can now send attacking soldiers to the opposing player’s screen by defeating enemies with a Musou attack. Gamers can pre-order the game now at ebgames.com, gamestop.com, amazon.com, and mediaplay.com. The game is due in September 2004.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:29
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
any further questions cant be answered till tomorrow
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:29
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Do you have any cheats for all characters in Dynasty Warriors 2?

If not, could you give me tips on how to get Lu Bu please.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:26
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Sorry about the confusion, I just don't like wasting time answering the wrong questions.

1. Yes, I do have Dynasty Warriors 2. I rented it many years ago, and only recently recovered it for a fiver off a mate.

2. Personally, I prefer Lu Bu or Guan Yu, because of their massive range, and they don't get knocked over as easily as Zhou Yu, who is my third favourite.

3. I prefer to play in Musou most of the time if I'm trying to get items or weapons, or even characters, because I write walkthroughs of games I like (about to put them on sr website). I hate using 2-player for Musou as its really difficult using half a screen. I find it difficult to do the challenge modes more than 10 or 20 times, as they don't really progress, even if you change characters. And besides, in musou you get the uber cool cut-scenes, and I am a great fan of the 3 kingdoms saga, and have read Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.

Any one else who has DW4,your opinions would be appreciated.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:18
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
First= Do you have Dynasty Warriors 2?

Second= Who is your favourite character in Dynasty Warriors 4?

Third= What is your favourite mode in Dynasty Warriors 4?
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:15
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Could you please specify your question.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:12
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Do you have Dynasty Warriors 2?

I need a bit of help on it.

About to get 4 on Monday, who is the best character and what is your favourite mode?
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:09
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
You're right, of course.

I had a serious crisis of thought when buying DW4. After buying 3 games of the same mould, I didn't know if I could get any more out of it. Luckily, I still bought it, but with 6 Dynasty Warriors games in my collection, development is a necessity.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:52
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Nah your mates are wrong,

Would you buy the game with exactly the same things, e.g modes, run through and kill generals. I would'nt.

I think they needed to try something diffrent for sales purposes and for ours. The game will still have major elements of the last but with more strategy involved.
Thu 08/07/04 at 10:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I asked my pals who all love the DW series, and they think that the strategy element is a bad move, but I think it gives the game more depth, hack and slash gets quite dull after 6 months, despite the replay value. No mistake DW games rule, but I think the link between DWarriors and DTactics is a winner.

Go to koei.com for all info.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:02
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
This is what i found out about the game:

"Introducing the next phase of Dynasty Warriors 4 saga. The warriors return with more epic battles and scenarios, devastating Musou attacks, and new modes of play. Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires will rewrite the
rules of Tactical Action! This time, the empire you build will be your own.

Begin with a single region. Choose a territory to invade. Pick a strategy from officer proposals, and use your kingdom’s resources for precious battlefield items. Victory goes to the first warrior to conquer all 24 regions!

FEATURES

Two New Modes: Empire and Vs. Challenge.
Never-before-seen battlefields such as deserts,
mountain regions, and seaside villages.
More Officer abilities- from powerful new Charge attacks to taunting “Challenges.”
Capture enemy generals to join your army.
3X the number of Character Edit models that
can use weapons from any character.
New battlefield strongholds influence troop
morale and strength.
Bonus Visual Database! A treasure chest of
character and siege weapon models, character
narrated biographies, and a gallery of rare
Dynasty Warriors artwork!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.