GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dynasty Warriors 5"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires'.
Wed 30/06/04 at 16:06
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
The next Dynasty game from KOEI is called Dyansty Warriors 4:Empires and is based more on strategy than the other hack and slash games in the series. You command an army and you have to lead them to the conquest of China. The game focuses on some smaller kindgoms such as the Yuan family and the Nanman as well as wu wei and shu. Obviously you have a larger force depending on your kingdom and the difficulty varies accordingly. You decide which of the 24 regions in China you wish to invade, or which kingdoms you want to be your allies in order to defeat for example Cao Cao. There are also new playable warriors and more officer abilities- from powerful new Charge attacks to taunting “Challenges.”

Redesigned based on fan requests, the new Character Edit mode triples the number of character models and voices players can use to create their own warrior, plus player-created warriors can use any weapon in the game.

The game’s new VS Mode combines the furious multiplayer action of Dynasty Warriors 4’s VS and Challenge Modes into one. In VS Mode, players can now send attacking soldiers to the opposing player’s screen by defeating enemies with a Musou attack. Gamers can pre-order the game now at ebgames.com, gamestop.com, amazon.com, and mediaplay.com. The game is due in September 2004.
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:12
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
*bump*
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:07
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I would say DW4, because of the reasons you mentioned above. The gameplay is of a higher standard, and I don't base my judgement on difficulty, just how fun it is to play through.
Sun 11/07/04 at 13:46
Regular
Ordered Dynasty Warriors 4 the other day for Xbox, looking forward to smashing some samurai mofo's in co-op.

Tell me, which do you think is the better game DW3 or DW4?

I've read a few opinions, some people say 3's better than 4 because it's harder and others prefer 4 because it's more polished. Probably pick 3 up at a later date.
Sun 11/07/04 at 09:59
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I'm not sure if you have to kill Lu Bu after getting 1000KOs.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:12
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
*Presses back button*
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:07
"For the horde!!!!"
Skyline 07 wrote:
> Fiery Salamander wrote:
> Use the bow against him
>
> Im trying to get him though. You need 1000 k'os.

*penny drops*
ahhh
*picks penny back up*
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:05
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Fiery Salamander wrote:
> Use the bow against him

Im trying to get him though. You need 1000 k'os.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:01
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Check my guide if yall want to give advice, and avoid ripping me off!
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
*shock*
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:59
"For the horde!!!!"
Skyline 07 wrote:
> Do you have any cheats for all characters in Dynasty Warriors 2?
>
> If not, could you give me tips on how to get Lu Bu please.

Use the bow against him

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.