GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Episode 1: Phantom Menace Vs Terminator 2: The Ultimate Edition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 10:08
Regular
According to DVD Reviewer, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace will be releasing on the 15TH October 2001. This also happens to be the day Terminator 2: The Ultimate Edition is released. I know which one I will be getting and it won't be the one with stupid characters but alas it is obvious Star Wars will be victorious due to it's enormous popularity with Children, not to mention the huge pre release media hype it will receive.
Tue 03/07/01 at 10:08
According to DVD Reviewer, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace will be releasing on the 15TH October 2001. This also happens to be the day Terminator 2: The Ultimate Edition is released. I know which one I will be getting and it won't be the one with stupid characters but alas it is obvious Star Wars will be victorious due to it's enormous popularity with Children, not to mention the huge pre release media hype it will receive.
Tue 03/07/01 at 10:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Maybe, but Star Wars doesn't have an Austrian bodybuilder that was a member of the Hitler Youth Movement as a child.

Jar-Jar Binks or a badly acting Endomorph with dubious moral standpoints?
Tue 03/07/01 at 13:23
Regular
I won't be buying either of them as I do not think they are good enough. Star wars is the better of the two for the comedy aspects and some doody special effects.
Tue 03/07/01 at 19:11
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
How can you say that? Phantom Menace is appalling. Okay, so I said it was alright at the cinema but when I saw it on video, AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! It was so bad. T2 on the other hand is absolutely stunning. Great special effects, great storyline and great fun. I'll be getting T2 not Star Wars.

And I'm not sure whether Star Wars will win. I think T2 will win. It is very popular and............it's the ULTIMATE DVD!!!
Tue 03/07/01 at 19:43
The_Vottanator wrote:
> How can you say that? Phantom Menace is appalling. Okay, so I said
> it was alright at the cinema but when I saw it on video,
> AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! It was so bad. T2 on the other hand is
> absolutely stunning. Great special effects, great storyline and
> great fun. I'll be getting T2 not Star Wars.

And I'm not sure
> whether Star Wars will win. I think T2 will win. It is very popular
> and............it's the ULTIMATE DVD!!!

Stupid characters e.g Jar-jar Binks Doh!
Tue 03/07/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Exactly.

And getting Ewan Mgregor (how the hell do you spell his name) to play Obi-Wan. That was the worst mistake of the millenium. (It was made before the new millenium wasn't it.) Don't get me wrong. I like Ewan Mgre.....grrrrr but he was awful in that role. Completely mis-cast. And I can't spell his name.

And the effects when Darth Maul fell down the hole. They were great.

*tries to keep straight face but fails*

hahaha
Tue 03/07/01 at 21:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
errrrrrrr-no.

Episode 1 ruled!!

It was brilliant-and I know others that agree with me, including Edgy and Mattyboy.
Tue 03/07/01 at 21:10
Regular
Ant, we've been through this before. Episode one sucked a large hole in the Star Wars galaxy... if Episode two does the same, I'm going after Lucas.
Tue 03/07/01 at 21:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Ant, we've been through this before. Episode one sucked a large hole
> in the Star Wars galaxy... if Episode two does the same, I'm going
> after Lucas.

Yes, we have been through it before, and both arguments have some good points.

I think we should agree to disagree (I hate that phrase)
Tue 03/07/01 at 21:54
Regular
"Whatever!"
Absolutely Ant!! The Phantom Menace was an amazing film and I cant see how anyone could criticise so much!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.