GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any difference between Ash and Travis?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 09:00
Regular
There was a lot of fuss about Travis' Sing when it was released, saying that it was rubbish and they could not write good songs without having the same word about 100 times in the song.

I have just heard Ash's new song, 'Sometimes' and i happen to think that Ash should be slagged off just like Travis because just like Travis the song title is said about 100 times in the song.

Is this what music is now i ask? I think i could write better songs than these two bands at the moment!
Tue 03/07/01 at 10:05
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Am I the only person on these forums who hasn't met a famous rock star?
Tue 03/07/01 at 09:26
Regular
"not dead"
Ash are indeed excellent. And very nice too. Mark Hamilton invited me to come sit on their tour bus once, and offered me a drink, unfortunatley, as a responsible driver, I had to take a Coke. Very rock and roll.

How can you criticise a band simply for repeating a certain lyric? That's just ridiculous!

Sometimes it's necessary to convey the meaning of the lyrics.

Sometimes it's done to fit to the music.

Sometimes it's done because they can't think of anything else appropriate to replace it.

Ash rock. Listen to the likes of Girl From Mars, Kung Fu, Petrol or Numbskull, and you'll realise that they're nothing like Travis at all.

Mind you, I don't dislike Travis. When they were first ariound I saw them support a couple of bands, and they were quite a laugh. Their songs like U16 Girls, and Happy where upbeat and fun. They seem to have taken a turn for the bleak with their second album (though I thought it was good). I remember singing 'Why Does It Always Ran On Me' aa it was on the radio after my wifes waters burst, and we wereon the way to the hospital the day Malibu was born. Driftwood's cool too.

I haven't got thier latest album, and I might not, but they're harmless enough.

Ash rock though.
Tue 03/07/01 at 09:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Ash are excellent, Travis are... good, but ultimately slightly dull and unadventurous. They're kind of like the Lightning Seeds of the new millennium - the most unoffensive group out there.
Tue 03/07/01 at 09:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Go on then.

Seriously, write some lyrics and post them, create a song on midi and email it to me.

Come on, don't just throw comments like that around, back them up.

I challenge you to write a better song...or any song.

I give you a week, and then I label you a critic with no talent yourself.

Bah
Tue 03/07/01 at 09:00
Regular
"Great Scott's"
There was a lot of fuss about Travis' Sing when it was released, saying that it was rubbish and they could not write good songs without having the same word about 100 times in the song.

I have just heard Ash's new song, 'Sometimes' and i happen to think that Ash should be slagged off just like Travis because just like Travis the song title is said about 100 times in the song.

Is this what music is now i ask? I think i could write better songs than these two bands at the moment!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.