GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW DVD:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/07/04 at 20:35
"period drama"
Well, I need a new sub after my Play one (finally!) ran out at Christmas. I was was PSW before, still seems pretty decent.

But, enough of that: random thoughts -

There's a massive MGS3 trailer (about 15 minutes actually).
And now I'm actually excited.

There was young Ocelot, in a gay red scarf, twirling a non-revolver around - then juggling 3 after a close encounter with fresh-faced snake.

Some weird woman with a horse - friend or foe of snake, it wasn't clear.

Some electric guy with a claw.

Very impressive - needless to say, I actually got all tingley when the MGS2 intro music came on. 'Tis a wonderful choon.

Saw Burnout 3 running for the first time. Looks bloody fantastic, and just watching it go made me more on edge (the sense of speed, the near misses) than actually playing 2 ever did.
Although the take-out thing could get pretty annoying.

A pretty decent E3 round-up, showing the best from the best companies. The Movies I almost completely forgot about, but is looking pretty damn sweet.

And Ace Combat 5, of course. I almost creamed over this one, what a game. Although the main guy is called something crap like Loveless of something equally gay
He'll never beat Mobius 1.

Loads of in-game footage of shiz life Jak 3 and R&C 3 running. THUG2, Getaway 2.

Tekken 5, opening with "Heihatchi Mashima ..... is dead" (excuse off-the-top-of-my-head spelling) although I think the game is past it.

Reviews were pretty limp.
But good stuff.

Discuss.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Join the club. FF will continue to go down, since the guy that wrote the stories for up to 10 has resigned.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I didn't like Crystal Chronicles or FFX-2 and they were both made by Square-Enix, but any FF game I've played by Squaresoft I have enjoyed. So I'm not too keen on Enix myself.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:01
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Why? I'm sure most people would agree that FFX-2 and Kingdom Hearts are pale in comparison to FF7 or FF9.

Someone give me reason to use the word meh.
Fri 09/07/04 at 18:46
"period drama"
witch-king wrote:
> Square, let's have a tougher game! Get rid of Enix, they've done
> nothin' but ruin the series.

Do shut up.
Fri 09/07/04 at 12:47
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Sphere grid is terrible and tedious. Perhaps with the FF9 characters it would be a fantastic game. I hate games about religion, its just so boring.

FFX-2 was a disappointment. They have used New Game+ as a means to make the game much shorter without making us feel ripped-off.

FF6-10 were all challenging at some level, here's some examples:

FF6- Kefka's tower
FF7- Emerald and Ruby weapons
FF8- Completing the game, getting the balance of levels right
FF9- Ozma
FF10- Dark Aeons, Monster Arena, Celestial Weapons

But FFX-2, the most challenging part is Via Infinito, which is ridic. easy if your lv99.

Square, let's have a tougher game! Get rid of Enix, they've done nothin' but ruin the series.
Fri 09/07/04 at 09:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Meh FFX-2 is just a blatant cheap cash in on the fans and doesn't deserve to bear the FF name. The original was bad enough but that one was terrible. At least FFX had a decent battle system and the sphere grid was cool, FFX-2 just took all the good things about FFX (which were few) and changed them so they were crap in my opinion
Fri 09/07/04 at 08:34
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
In my opinion, as an RPG fan, FFX-2 has all those criteria, just not so pick up and play as DOA. If you don't have a soul, you'll loathe FFX-2.
Fri 09/07/04 at 00:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
witch-king wrote:
> So you want a game that's entertaining, has great graphics, and
> "likeable" characters? That's asking a lot, mon copain.

That's a reasonable request in my opinion, anyway no one want good gameplay nowadays?

Anyway DOA2 is a great fighting game and as i'm in no way a fan of the beat em up genre this game actually got me hooked and is good for a quick 15 minute blast. The fighting mechanics are excellent and all the moves flow very nicely. Yes it has big bouncy breasts but that's just the tip of the iceberg of why it is such a great game
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Nah, that's just asking for a good game.
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:33
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
So you want a game that's entertaining, has great graphics, and "likeable" characters? That's asking a lot, mon copain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.