GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSW DVD:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/07/04 at 20:35
"period drama"
Well, I need a new sub after my Play one (finally!) ran out at Christmas. I was was PSW before, still seems pretty decent.

But, enough of that: random thoughts -

There's a massive MGS3 trailer (about 15 minutes actually).
And now I'm actually excited.

There was young Ocelot, in a gay red scarf, twirling a non-revolver around - then juggling 3 after a close encounter with fresh-faced snake.

Some weird woman with a horse - friend or foe of snake, it wasn't clear.

Some electric guy with a claw.

Very impressive - needless to say, I actually got all tingley when the MGS2 intro music came on. 'Tis a wonderful choon.

Saw Burnout 3 running for the first time. Looks bloody fantastic, and just watching it go made me more on edge (the sense of speed, the near misses) than actually playing 2 ever did.
Although the take-out thing could get pretty annoying.

A pretty decent E3 round-up, showing the best from the best companies. The Movies I almost completely forgot about, but is looking pretty damn sweet.

And Ace Combat 5, of course. I almost creamed over this one, what a game. Although the main guy is called something crap like Loveless of something equally gay
He'll never beat Mobius 1.

Loads of in-game footage of shiz life Jak 3 and R&C 3 running. THUG2, Getaway 2.

Tekken 5, opening with "Heihatchi Mashima ..... is dead" (excuse off-the-top-of-my-head spelling) although I think the game is past it.

Reviews were pretty limp.
But good stuff.

Discuss.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:35
"period drama"
Well, I need a new sub after my Play one (finally!) ran out at Christmas. I was was PSW before, still seems pretty decent.

But, enough of that: random thoughts -

There's a massive MGS3 trailer (about 15 minutes actually).
And now I'm actually excited.

There was young Ocelot, in a gay red scarf, twirling a non-revolver around - then juggling 3 after a close encounter with fresh-faced snake.

Some weird woman with a horse - friend or foe of snake, it wasn't clear.

Some electric guy with a claw.

Very impressive - needless to say, I actually got all tingley when the MGS2 intro music came on. 'Tis a wonderful choon.

Saw Burnout 3 running for the first time. Looks bloody fantastic, and just watching it go made me more on edge (the sense of speed, the near misses) than actually playing 2 ever did.
Although the take-out thing could get pretty annoying.

A pretty decent E3 round-up, showing the best from the best companies. The Movies I almost completely forgot about, but is looking pretty damn sweet.

And Ace Combat 5, of course. I almost creamed over this one, what a game. Although the main guy is called something crap like Loveless of something equally gay
He'll never beat Mobius 1.

Loads of in-game footage of shiz life Jak 3 and R&C 3 running. THUG2, Getaway 2.

Tekken 5, opening with "Heihatchi Mashima ..... is dead" (excuse off-the-top-of-my-head spelling) although I think the game is past it.

Reviews were pretty limp.
But good stuff.

Discuss.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:41
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Did you go to E3?

I have seen the MGS3 trailer on an OPS2 DVD. OPS2 is definitely the best mag to get a subscription to, as it reduces the massive price the original mag has, and the mag its self is the best ive ever seen. I think once you sub you get some kind of games deal, but im not sure. For more info go to www.uk.playstation.com.

Tekken is definitely past it. This I knew for sure when they sold out to make Tag Tournament. Get Soul Calibur.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Well, I need a new sub after my Play one (finally!)

My Uncle has recently started buying that, and I absolutely hate it. The journalists are very smug and are anti-any other console. It's as though it's written by a load of fanboys, instead of keen gamers.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I used to buy PSM2 before I went multi-format, but since I'm selling my other consoles now, I may just go back to it.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Play is written by a bunch of retards now. I gave up on it after they went through a whole Arc the Lad review without actually mentioning anything about how the game plays. Too many crap jokes at the start of the reviews taking up space as well. You want to tell jokes? Go to a smoke filled bar and do it a games magazine is a place to review games.

Also replacing the Play DVD with a cheats disk was stupid as well.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
witch-king wrote:
> Tekken is definitely past it.

I was looking forward to Takken 4 but it was major dissapointment, so I'm hoping Tekken 5 will be much better. But I was also quite dissapointed with Soul Calibur as well, the Quest Mode was very poor, a lot worse than Soul Blade and Soul Calibur 1. Dead or Alive is my favourite beat-em-up now, but I'll have to buy DOA2 again, as I'm selling DOA3 with my X-Box.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
You only like DOA because of da girls. I prefer swords!
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Do not take this the wrong way! That is not what I meant! But swords are cool.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
witch-king wrote:
> You only like DOA because of da girls. I prefer swords!

I actually prefer it because it has tonnes of moves, it moves very smoothly, it has multi-tiered arenas AND the girls.

;)
Thu 08/07/04 at 12:55
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
yup sure. I bet you have summer heat beach volleyball, but just play it for the sport and the witty commentary. I bet you're not going to get the kinky women's wrestling game coming out this year. If you want good graphics get FFX-2 as Yuna and Rikku are also attractive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.