GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spider-Man 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Sat 10/07/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
"wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

*holds 'A', releases, presses right trigger*

*falls to death on purpose*

"Yaaaaaaaay!"

This game is so much fun, it's unbelievable. The area they've given you to free-roam in is enormous, so much so that I'm constantly finding entire blocks that I've never been to. I went to the tallest point you can get to, and realised that there was a bloody big bridge that I'd never even seen before. You can do the whole thing without touching the floor too - swinging and grabbing new corners is the best thing in the World. The graphics aren't up to much (Mary-Jane looks like Doc Ock punched her repeatedly in the face), but when you see the size of the city, you'll really appreciate the trade-off they've made to get there. Unbelievable fun in an enormous city. Huge. And I got to the Statue of Liberty by swinging under a helicopter. Yeah. And it's got Bruce Campbell's voice in it loads, saying funny things that don't get annoying because it's Bruce Campbell's voice.

I like the pendulum-like physics too - that works really well. Basically, once you've grabbed a point by gesturing towards it, you swing around that point until you come to a halt, or charge up, release and grab another point. Imagine bombing down a street on your "strings", releasing them and gesturing a hard right turn, hitting the right trigger to release some web, and the whole level below you sharply turning into a new block to speed down. It's amazing. Captures the same essence of fun as GTA3 did.
Sat 10/07/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"

*falls to death on purpose*

"Yaaaaaaaay!"

This game is so much fun, it's unbelievable. The area they've given you to free-roam in is enormous, so much so that I'm constantly finding entire blocks that I've never been to. I went to the tallest point you can get to, and realised that there was a bloody big bridge that I'd never even seen before. You can do the whole thing without touching the floor too - swinging and grabbing new corners is the best thing in the World. The graphics aren't up to much (Mary-Jane looks like Doc Ock punched her repeatedly in the face), but when you see the size of the city, you'll really appreciate the trade-off they've made to get there. Unbelievable fun in an enormous city. Huge. And I got to the Statue of Liberty by swinging under a helicopter. Yeah. And it's got Bruce Campbell's voice in it loads, saying funny things that don't get annoying because it's Bruce Campbell's voice.

I like the pendulum-like physics too - that works really well. Basically, once you've grabbed a point by gesturing towards it, you swing around that point until you come to a halt, or charge up, release and grab another point. Imagine bombing down a street on your "strings", releasing them and gesturing a hard right turn, hitting the right trigger to release some web, and the whole level below you sharply turning into a new block to speed down. It's amazing. Captures the same essence of fun as GTA3 did.
Sat 10/07/04 at 10:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Heh, I need this.
Sat 10/07/04 at 10:33
Regular
": ("
I'll rent this.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yes, you knows you wants this. 'Normal' swinging takes a few goes to get the hang of, but one you get into the rhythm it's just a lot of fun. Some of the missions require you to catch up with cars going down the streets, and you have to jump onto the roof of the car from a swing, then punch up the drivers. My only complaint is that you can't web passers-by, or blow up cars. Being a goody-goody sucks. But being Spider-man rules!
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:33
Regular
"That's right!"
I need this. My mate at work got it, played it all day and said it was great.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:52
Regular
So Mojojojo you could say you're "Holding out for a hero" WHOO! :D
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So far I've:

Got to the highest point in the whole game, and gawped at the layout of the city. I think it actually is New York, except for the big gaping hole, where the Twin Towers were. Now THAT would have been cool - damn you Bin Laden for ruining future videogames!!!

Climbed the Statue of Liberty. It takes a bit of careful timing to get there, but it involves webbing between two moving helicopters, onto Ellis Island, then another helicopter to the statue itself. I got on the flame!

Punched lots of baddies. The combat system is really good, because it's not just mashing the same button again and again. As the game progresses you get more complex attacks, eventually letting you hang up villains from lampposts with web!

Been shouted at by the Boss at the Daily Bugle. You get to change costume and become Peter Parker at some points, so you get to meet all the characters from the films - and they're all voiced by the proper people.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
monkey_man wrote:
> So far I've:
>
> Got to the highest point in the whole game, and gawped at the layout
> of the city. I think it actually is New York, except for the big
> gaping hole, where the Twin Towers were. Now THAT would have been
> cool - damn you Bin Laden for ruining future videogames!!!

Perhaps a twin tower saving mission is in order...hmmm. Do you think a puny spider web could drag a plane out of the sky?
Sat 10/07/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Touched!"
I want this game! :( got no cash at the moment, may pick it up next week!
Sat 10/07/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I see the Twin Towers with a big web in the middle and a plane caught like a fly, terrorists being led away by an Irish Police Chief.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.