GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shenmue 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Shenmue 2'.
Sat 10/07/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
After being a great fan of the first I got this for a tenner. Well first of all its different mainly bigger and theres alot more crime compared to Japan. So far I have learned the Wude and I am sleeping at Master Lao Shao's (Or something like that) but whoose stupid idea was it to reset all of the books every day? I got to the last 2 piles and now I have to do everything again.

Oh well it seems ok but it still doesn't live up to Shenmue the greatness that is Shenmue.
Tue 13/07/04 at 08:20
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I would say it would be worth £40. But still a tenner. I have taken a break from it for a while as now I have Ninja Gaiden though I am majorly crap at it. Im still only on hte first boss.
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:12
Regular
Bummer! You should have paid instead.
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:05
I remember when it first came out on the xbox, I payed bloody £40 for it :@
Mon 12/07/04 at 10:23
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Lou Role wrote:
> The only thing I didn't like about the second game was the section
> where you have to walk along a set of beams to get to the top of a
> building.

Ok now I know what your talking about se here goes a first try. *shudders*
Mon 12/07/04 at 08:48
Regular
"eat toast!"
When you do the building scene. You'll do it twice. Its the yellow head building. SPOILERS

You know you're in for a surprise when you see these blackcad men hanging around certain areas and telling you to go upstairs. Eventually you fall into a trap.

When you go there the second time its to save that old git who made that book and take down that stupid gang by going through 17 floors of action (maybe more if you count the upper penthouse area)
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:18
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Im perfect at QTE's though so im fine. I have done all the books no problem and the bit with the beam is really easy. Its just left right left the only confusing bit for me was where you have to do that massive jump by pressing up up A. Very hard the catching leaf bit was also easy and at the moment im looking for Yuan (Woman with black bird that can talk) in Kowloon. So far quite fun but have I passed that 17 floor hotel scene? If so it wasn't nothing to good.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:14
Regular
*gags*
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The only thing I didn't like about the second game was the section where you have to walk along a set of beams to get to the top of a building. You have to do it in a QTE, and if you fall you have to start from the bottom again. For some reason my Shenmue 2 save got deleted from my VMU, and the only reason I haven't started it gain is because of the thought of doing that section again.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
mr sunday night wrote:
> in the end i found the only thing that could have made the xbox
> version better would have been to have kept the jap voices.

The Dreamcast version uses English voices as well.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Now im trying to catch a leaf.

Ah I remember that, and you have to catch three in a row just to make things worse. It's frustrating as hell at first, but stick with it.

I still have both Shenmue games for the Dreamcast and the first one is easily the better of the two, but in saying that Shenmue 2 is still brilliant, and one of my favourite games. Haven't heard anything about Shenmue 3 though, hopefully Yu Suzuki will get round to it at some point. I really want to finish the story. It was a stupid concept anyway, telling a flowing story over three seperate games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.