GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"who agrees that the XBOX is rubbish"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 17:43
Regular
"real cheats"
i do
Sun 31/07/05 at 19:51
Regular
the real game guru wrote:
> the reason you have to pay for xbox live is because they have to
> update the games and servers and that doesnt magicly happen does it
> !! it cost money and they have to pay the people that do it , but
> thanks to this system we are able to download content before everyone
> else like in halo 2 maps or the others just never get it like the
> granny mobile in midtown madness 3.

But I'm sure the vast majority of people trying to decide whether to buy a PS2 or X-box don't know that. So therefore having to pay for X-box Live is a weakness as the casual gamer is likely to select the cheaper option on the (if we're completely honest here) slightly more popular console.
Sun 31/07/05 at 18:19
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Isn't the Xboix 360 gonna have a "free" part of Xbox live? You know, two types - gold and silver live?
Sun 31/07/05 at 10:04
Regular
To be honest there is no clear winner between PS2 and X-box. Each have many strengths and few weaknesses, which are summed up below (tell me if I've missed any significant ones out):

PS2
STRENGTHS:
Slimline PS2 is small and light enough to be chucked in a backpack and carried, well, everywhere.
It's the console all your mates own and it has the widest range of titles.
It seems to get the biggest games first (GTA:SA for example).
You know that after the success of the PS1 Sony won't be abandoning the PS2 any time soon.
Has Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo.

WEAKNESSES:
Only 2 controller ports so you have to fork out more money for a multi-tap.
No hard drive so you have to fork out more money for a memory card.
Lousy online play (apparently, I've never tried taking mine online).
The graphics of some titles are looking a bit ropey now in comparison to X-box (of course there are exceptions; God Of War, Gran Turismo etc).
They seem to go faulty very easily; I've heard many tales of discs being wrecked by PS2's for no apparent reason.

X-box
STRENGTHS:
The most technically powerful console of the two.
It has Halo.
It has a (massive) hard drive so no more overpriced memory cards.
Custom Soundtracks.
Has four controller ports so no need for a multi-tap.
Won't break as easy as PS2.
Excellent online play (again, I've never actually taken mine online so this is just what I've heard off others).

WEAKNESSES:
It's very heavy so you won't be carrying it around too much.
Doesn't have the same amount of titles available as PS2.
Custom soundtracks are used in only a small percentage of games- seems like a lot of wasted opportunities.
You have to pay a yearly subscription for X-box live, whereas PS2 net play is free (once you've bought the network adapter).
Sat 30/07/05 at 06:32
Regular
I for one, have to say that i do prefer the ps2. In my opinion it has better games, pretty much because of the Final Fantasy series. I can't say i don't like the xbox, because i do. For me, the xbox has yet to have a title released that has said "you REALLY REALLY NEEEEEEEEED this game" to me. And anyways, everyone on here should know by now.. opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.
Fri 29/07/05 at 19:43
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Well put Del Rogeo
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:12
Regular
You're confused.
Sun 26/06/05 at 20:51
Regular
BioRex wrote:
> The Xbox is crap,
Erm...it's the most powerful out of the three. Point invalid.

> oversized,
It takes up no more space than an average video recorder. Point invalid.

> the controlers are too big,
The official one has been redone into a smaller sized model. Point invalid.

> it has a hard drive
Oh. My. God. That's a good point, you prat.

> and they only good games they have are halo 1 and 2.
Er...no.
Thu 23/06/05 at 21:24
Regular
neveeerr! the xbox is much better then the PS2 and game cube even if it is clinicly obese
Sat 18/06/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Pwned. =)"
How Ironic, considering you just asked who agrees.. It's hardly suprising you don't like it.

I would like to see you make a console.
Sat 11/06/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Hey if you think xbox is !crap! give a reason.
I already give my reasons why xbox is the best console games system.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.