GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Person Shooters Coming Soon!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 15:36
Regular
": ("
I dunno if you've noticed but there seems to be alot of FPS games on their way to the Xbox, the problem is which one to get. With 5 6 top FPS games on their way to the Xbox I do not know where i'm gonna get the time, here are the 6 I had in mind :

1) The Chronicles Of Riddick

2) Doom 3

3) Half-Life 2

4) Far Cry Instincts

5) Call Of Duty

6) Halo 2

All of these are the same genre of game but they all have completely different Storylines...

Riddick is a prequel to Pitch Black, the main character is Riddick, a bad-ass criminal who has been sent to Butchered Bay. Butchered Bay is a very highly secured prison and no one has ever escaped, by Riddick (being the person he is) attempts to escape from the prison and has an action packed adventure while doing so.

Doom 3 is supposed to be like an action packed Resi Evil game, it will support Live and have some of the most realistic graphics. I dont know anything about the storyline but just by lookin at the screenshots you can safely say that Doom 3 will be a chilling horror game with beautiful graphics.

Half-Life 2 looks like it'll be a massive hit and will most definately sell millions (and millions!) of copies as it is one of the top most anticipated games of the year. Again, I dont know nothing about the storyline but I can expect to see great graphics, ugly looking monsters and good characters. Lets hope it doesn't get delayed!

Far Cry Instincts will (hopefully) be similar to the PC version because that looked awesome, I never played it but the graphics, atmostphere and characters looked great!
I know that on the PC version Jack Carver gets told to set around the Pacific with a lady but his ship gets attacked and he ends up stranded on an island full of heavy armed Mercs and it is his job to find and rescue the Woman from the them.

Call Of Duty is one of the best PC War games ever, it beats MOH AA even!
The Xbox one will (obviously) involve you being a soldier who goes out on all of these missions etc. but it will have Live play this time, making it the first WW2 Live game (I think). If its similar to the PC one then i'll definately be getting it, even if its the same as the PC one i'd get it.

Halo 2 looks awesome, i'm sure (I hope) it'll be the best game out of the 6 because there is so much hype going around lately that it would be dissapointing if it turned out completely poop...but that vey unlikely. I've watched the E3 movie many times and everytime I watch it I just cant wait any longer for November 11th!

Whooo!
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:27
Regular
(In order) For me it'd be :

1) Halo 2 (Pre-ordered)

2) Half-Life 2 (I'll pre-order soon)

3) Call Of Duty (I'll wait for it to be released, then get it, wont rush to get it mind.

4) Chronicles (This is supposed to come out quite soon I think so I might not be able to get it straight away)

5) Far Cry (Maybe, just maybe...)
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:31
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Oh, and TS2 is an atrocity on the gaming world.

You won't see this often but here is someone talking sense, coupled with the Soul Calibur opinion I couldn't agree more.

Not that everyone doesn't already know my opinion on how crap Time Splitters 2 is.
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:35
Regular
I couldn't stick Soul Calibur 2 but TS2 is genius. It's easily my most-played Cube game yet, multiplayer is just so huge and there's loads and loads of challenges to do. Virus is a stroke of genius.

I dont' see why people complain about the gun animations so much either, they moved, that's all they need to do.
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:52
Regular
Yup, Virus is fantastic. Heh heh, especially with the snowman. Here's hoping it makes it through to TS3's multiplayer...
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:19
Regular
Yeh, me and a mate used to try and outlast the Virus for 10 mins, working together and stuff. We had a great time. The map editor rocks aswell although the GC version is sucky because of the size limit.

How you can say it is crap is beyond me. The co-op on TS2 is way more fun than the co-op on Halo. Tis funny as hell chucking mines onto 5 or so zombies and blowing them up all at once.
Mon 12/07/04 at 21:20
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
i agree, ts2 was awesome, although i did buy it for cube. the multiplayer was very fun for many hours, esp. virus. i still havent unlocked the last level yet as there is so much to do sidequest-wise.

halo2 is going to be awesome, as is hl2. definite buys for everyone who likes fps. doom3 looks quality, such realitic monsters, hehe. far cry was quite good on pc, but i would have liked more weapons.
call of duty im gonna leave, i dont tend to but games like that and moh.
neva heard of chronicles of riddick.
Mon 12/07/04 at 22:36
Regular
TS2 multi is rubbish because it only has about 2 decent maps, the rest are crap.

You're NOT GoldenEye, please stop trying.
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:42
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Yup, Virus is fantastic. Heh heh, especially with the snowman. Here's
> hoping it makes it through to TS3's multiplayer...

I loved TS2 but am I the only one who thought it was uber easy?
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:43
Regular
Damarus wrote:

> How you can say it is crap is beyond me. The co-op on TS2 is way more
> fun than the co-op on Halo. Tis funny as hell chucking mines onto 5
> or so zombies and blowing them up all at once.

Its the funniestgame i've played since Conker.
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:56
Regular
Creepy wrote:
> ANOTHER one of these? ¬_¬

Says you with your 150+ Halo 2 threads...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.