GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Person Shooters Coming Soon!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 15:36
Regular
": ("
I dunno if you've noticed but there seems to be alot of FPS games on their way to the Xbox, the problem is which one to get. With 5 6 top FPS games on their way to the Xbox I do not know where i'm gonna get the time, here are the 6 I had in mind :

1) The Chronicles Of Riddick

2) Doom 3

3) Half-Life 2

4) Far Cry Instincts

5) Call Of Duty

6) Halo 2

All of these are the same genre of game but they all have completely different Storylines...

Riddick is a prequel to Pitch Black, the main character is Riddick, a bad-ass criminal who has been sent to Butchered Bay. Butchered Bay is a very highly secured prison and no one has ever escaped, by Riddick (being the person he is) attempts to escape from the prison and has an action packed adventure while doing so.

Doom 3 is supposed to be like an action packed Resi Evil game, it will support Live and have some of the most realistic graphics. I dont know anything about the storyline but just by lookin at the screenshots you can safely say that Doom 3 will be a chilling horror game with beautiful graphics.

Half-Life 2 looks like it'll be a massive hit and will most definately sell millions (and millions!) of copies as it is one of the top most anticipated games of the year. Again, I dont know nothing about the storyline but I can expect to see great graphics, ugly looking monsters and good characters. Lets hope it doesn't get delayed!

Far Cry Instincts will (hopefully) be similar to the PC version because that looked awesome, I never played it but the graphics, atmostphere and characters looked great!
I know that on the PC version Jack Carver gets told to set around the Pacific with a lady but his ship gets attacked and he ends up stranded on an island full of heavy armed Mercs and it is his job to find and rescue the Woman from the them.

Call Of Duty is one of the best PC War games ever, it beats MOH AA even!
The Xbox one will (obviously) involve you being a soldier who goes out on all of these missions etc. but it will have Live play this time, making it the first WW2 Live game (I think). If its similar to the PC one then i'll definately be getting it, even if its the same as the PC one i'd get it.

Halo 2 looks awesome, i'm sure (I hope) it'll be the best game out of the 6 because there is so much hype going around lately that it would be dissapointing if it turned out completely poop...but that vey unlikely. I've watched the E3 movie many times and everytime I watch it I just cant wait any longer for November 11th!

Whooo!
Mon 19/07/04 at 08:14
Regular
Does look pretty good actually. Let's just hope there's a story in there, rather than having to trudge through a bunch of samey levels based on different time zones.
Sun 18/07/04 at 18:31
Regular
": ("
[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=31155&subsectionid=1584[/URL] - New shots, they look much more realistic.
Fri 16/07/04 at 07:54
Regular
I meant it should change the pish-poor single player and actually have some foundation and relevance to it.

Timesplitters was only any good for Multiplayer, and in my opinion, that lost it's charm pretty quick anyway.
Fri 16/07/04 at 07:49
Regular
"BOSE"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Timesplitters 3 should change all that. Hopefully.

i've never played any Time Splitters game, but how will TS3 change anything? TS has no hype compared to Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Doom 3
Fri 16/07/04 at 06:35
Regular
Timesplitters 3 should change all that. Hopefully.
Fri 16/07/04 at 04:37
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Oh, and TS2 is an atrocity on the gaming world.

Iy'd be good online though, it'd be what I wanted Unreal Championship to be - with customisation up to the eyeballs.
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:43
Regular
Finally, somebody mentions the behemoth that is Half-Life 2.
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:12
Regular
Timesplitters 2 is the single worst excuse for a single player experience I think I have had since the original Blade on the PSONE, even that had more going for it with the remote off chance of a slight story.

I am a bit fan of FPS games but Timesplitters 2 is a complete joke, regardless of how much people enjoy the multi-player I find it impossible to find anything positive to say about the single player.
Tue 13/07/04 at 13:00
Regular
Looks like I was wrong. But so were you.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/528/528411p1.html[/URL]

Q1 2005 for both PS2 and Xbox.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:56
Regular
S'funny - last time I checked it was Xbox only...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.