GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone plan on importing the Nintendo DS?????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
I rarely import. Thusly I haven't got the likes of Animal Crossing and I wait patiently for the release of GBA software.

In fact I have ordered from America the total of once for the legendary
Pokemon Yellow which graduated into my most favorite Nintendo game.

But with the DS not due till March (which happens to be when I plan to recieve a nice new shiny X-box) I'm extremley tempted to give old Lik Sang or DVD Box office a whirl.

Being a handheld device I don't see the problem. The only negative issue with importing a GBA is that imported GBA's cannot connect to the Gamecube, something the DS doesn't do anyway.

So anyone else thinking of doing it??? Any ideas on what launch software you're after???

Here's to the future

Dringo.
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:39
Regular
": ("
When do you think they'll let people pre-order it?

Whenever they do I will pre-order straight away.

But then theres the problem of getting the money, I might ask for money at Christmas then I can save it 'til the release.
Tue 13/07/04 at 06:29
Regular
Imported GBA's can work on a UK GC. 2 of my 3 SPs are American and they have worked fine on FFCC.
Tue 13/07/04 at 01:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I have to say after seeing the NGC video this little system looks very nice indeed. Dvdboxoffice seems to the the DS bit stands for Dual Screen though.
Tue 13/07/04 at 01:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Lo Dringo.

Yeah. I'm thinking of importing. Sadly I had to suffer a large import tax fee when I imported the SP. I'm hoping this won't happen with the NintendoDS.

As long as its 100% known its multiformat and region free. I'll import as soon as it's out from Lik-Sang.

:) Import tax or none. It's going to be mine.
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
I rarely import. Thusly I haven't got the likes of Animal Crossing and I wait patiently for the release of GBA software.

In fact I have ordered from America the total of once for the legendary
Pokemon Yellow which graduated into my most favorite Nintendo game.

But with the DS not due till March (which happens to be when I plan to recieve a nice new shiny X-box) I'm extremley tempted to give old Lik Sang or DVD Box office a whirl.

Being a handheld device I don't see the problem. The only negative issue with importing a GBA is that imported GBA's cannot connect to the Gamecube, something the DS doesn't do anyway.

So anyone else thinking of doing it??? Any ideas on what launch software you're after???

Here's to the future

Dringo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.