GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone plan on importing the Nintendo DS?????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
I rarely import. Thusly I haven't got the likes of Animal Crossing and I wait patiently for the release of GBA software.

In fact I have ordered from America the total of once for the legendary
Pokemon Yellow which graduated into my most favorite Nintendo game.

But with the DS not due till March (which happens to be when I plan to recieve a nice new shiny X-box) I'm extremley tempted to give old Lik Sang or DVD Box office a whirl.

Being a handheld device I don't see the problem. The only negative issue with importing a GBA is that imported GBA's cannot connect to the Gamecube, something the DS doesn't do anyway.

So anyone else thinking of doing it??? Any ideas on what launch software you're after???

Here's to the future

Dringo.
Mon 12/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
I rarely import. Thusly I haven't got the likes of Animal Crossing and I wait patiently for the release of GBA software.

In fact I have ordered from America the total of once for the legendary
Pokemon Yellow which graduated into my most favorite Nintendo game.

But with the DS not due till March (which happens to be when I plan to recieve a nice new shiny X-box) I'm extremley tempted to give old Lik Sang or DVD Box office a whirl.

Being a handheld device I don't see the problem. The only negative issue with importing a GBA is that imported GBA's cannot connect to the Gamecube, something the DS doesn't do anyway.

So anyone else thinking of doing it??? Any ideas on what launch software you're after???

Here's to the future

Dringo.
Tue 13/07/04 at 01:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
Lo Dringo.

Yeah. I'm thinking of importing. Sadly I had to suffer a large import tax fee when I imported the SP. I'm hoping this won't happen with the NintendoDS.

As long as its 100% known its multiformat and region free. I'll import as soon as it's out from Lik-Sang.

:) Import tax or none. It's going to be mine.
Tue 13/07/04 at 01:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I have to say after seeing the NGC video this little system looks very nice indeed. Dvdboxoffice seems to the the DS bit stands for Dual Screen though.
Tue 13/07/04 at 06:29
Regular
Imported GBA's can work on a UK GC. 2 of my 3 SPs are American and they have worked fine on FFCC.
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:39
Regular
": ("
When do you think they'll let people pre-order it?

Whenever they do I will pre-order straight away.

But then theres the problem of getting the money, I might ask for money at Christmas then I can save it 'til the release.
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:49
Regular
Lik-Sang are taking pre-orders right now, but the price is currently at zero. The good thing about Lik-Sang though, is that they'll 'mark down' your goods to dodge customs charges. You need to ask them to do this though.

I'll definitely be importing both this and the PSP, but I won't be pre-ordering. I've never seen the point.
Tue 13/07/04 at 07:55
Regular
": ("
I only Pre-order because I dont have money all the time so when I do have money I try to take that oppotunity to get what I want because I know I wont have anymore money for a while.

What do you mean they're taking Zero?

Arte they just taking pre-orders but not taking anything until the price has been confirmed?

I'll wait for the price confirmation first...

*waits*

Tue 13/07/04 at 07:58
Regular
Yup, the price for both DS & PSP are set at £00.00. This is because no price has been confirmed. Wether they're still charging a deposit I don't know.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Given that the last two new systems to launch have been drastically marked down within weeks - in the case of the GC even before launch - then you'd have to be quite mad to bother importing for the sake of, essentially, three months play before the European launches.

DS really does not appeal, and at 249.99 nor does the PSP - in fact I think the Japanese guy (article somewhere on the net about this) who predicted the PSP console's failure is correct in most of his assumptions.
Tue 13/07/04 at 12:30
Regular
PSP may do well for a little while but I can't see it holding interest.

As for the DS well it could go down in price...

Or it could do a GBA now in it's third year without a price drop.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.