GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII (12)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XII'.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:08
Regular
"~DPG~"
I love Final Fantasy, in fact, i'd marry the game. I'm crazy about the gaming series. I have completed FF,VI,VII,VIII,IX and am going to get FF,X, X-2, and XII, but there is just one problem.

I have heard that the newest Final Fantasy will feature turn-based battling, which is really fantastic news, but i have also heard it is only playable on the net! Is this true.

(Also when did Final fantasy 11 come out? Or is FF X-2 counted as 11)

(Thanks for any help)
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:33
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Every nation has an ongoing storyline, you progress through it by achieving higher ranks and undertaking missions for the good of the country, sort of thing.

You could say it has the same structure has any other FF, except your character plays an equal part in the story to everybody else. FFX was a world being terrorised by Sin, FFXI is a world at war with a rising beastman force. You are just a part of that war.

So I guess the national missions would be considered the main plot, although there is no end to the story, as the world is infinite. The bulk of your time is taken up by doing the equivalent of side-quests... there are hundreds of these of all different difficulties to take part in, that will require you to explore the entire world (of which I have seen very little despite having played for close to 300 hours already)
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:22
"For the horde!!!!"
Fiery Salamander wrote:
>old

World ;)
Fri 16/07/04 at 15:21
"For the horde!!!!"
Darwock wrote:
> You make that sound as though FFXI has no good plot. Trust me, it does
> ;-)

Dose it? thought it was just players hanging around an online old like Everquest
Fri 16/07/04 at 12:22
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
FF11 and 12 will both be poor as they don't follow the traditional turn based combat system.
Fri 16/07/04 at 11:57
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
You make that sound as though FFXI has no good plot. Trust me, it does ;-)
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:58
"For the horde!!!!"
Yes FF11 is a MMORPG with a monthly subscrption fee so if your looking for a single player offline game with a good plot forget it, wait for FF 12.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:13
Regular
Final Fantasy 11 is online only. It's been out in Japan for ages, USA for a fair few Months and God knows when it's coming out in Europe.
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:08
Regular
"~DPG~"
I love Final Fantasy, in fact, i'd marry the game. I'm crazy about the gaming series. I have completed FF,VI,VII,VIII,IX and am going to get FF,X, X-2, and XII, but there is just one problem.

I have heard that the newest Final Fantasy will feature turn-based battling, which is really fantastic news, but i have also heard it is only playable on the net! Is this true.

(Also when did Final fantasy 11 come out? Or is FF X-2 counted as 11)

(Thanks for any help)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.