GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How much do guitars cost?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/06/01 at 07:12
Regular
I wondered how much guitars cost because I might want one for chrsitmas.
Fri 29/06/01 at 07:12
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I wondered how much guitars cost because I might want one for chrsitmas.
Fri 29/06/01 at 07:56
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Depends on how good a guitar you want. You can buy acoustic guitars from anything around £40, though it won't be a particularly good one. Pay around £100ish for a low end Fender or Washburn acoustic, then after that the sky's the limit.

Electric guitars start at around £100, Squire Strats being the usual beginners choice. I haven't looked recently but they used to be in the £170 range. Of course you'll need amplification for an electric, something in the 10 watt range would cost around £70ish.

If you are serious then I suggest you find a guitar shop and take a look around with a price in mind. Either that or buy some sort of guitar publication, they will have shop adds in them with prices etceteras
Fri 29/06/01 at 10:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If you are thinking of starting get a cheap, poor quality acoustic for £40 like me :D

I am bit better now so I may get decent electric or bass for Christmas!
Fri 29/06/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
If I were you... i'd get a Squire Strat for about £140, but if you're mega-serious get a Fender Strat for £300-ish...

You really do pay for quality though... if you're serious about it SPEND THE MONEY!
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:01
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
What are the differnces between Accoustic and Electric? Also, when I play the guitar, I want to sound like Brian Moloko's guitar who plays for Placebo. Does that tell you what type of Guitar I need? Also, I'm looking for something £120 or under.
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:09
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
If you don't know what Brian Moloko's guitar sounds like, e-mail me and i'll give you the URL to download a sample.
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:11
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
And oh yeah, did you teach yourself and are they difficult to play when you're a begginner?
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:15
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I've found a Squier 0310600

The specs are as follows:

Body
Body Solid Hardwood
Bridge Standard Fulcrum
Electronics
Pickups 3 Single Coil
Controls Master Volume, 2 Tone
Switching 5-way
Neck
Fingerboard Rosewood
Machine Heads Chrome Covered
Frets 21

All for the amazing price of $149 = £105.

Is this a good one to get?
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Id buy a cheap acoustic if you are just getting started, a good teacher is the best option as trying to teach yourself can be very hard. Once you get good pay for a better electric or acoustic guitar.
If you go into any decent music store that sells instruments then ask the guy, they should help you with all you need to know.
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:47
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
There ain't any music shops near me! :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.