GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reviews Shortened"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/06/01 at 17:34
Regular
The limit for reviews was recently reduced to 6000 characters. This is due to be further reduced to 4000 characters as we feel that most people prefere to read shorter reviews.

We hope to have a place for Walkthroughs soon with a much higher character limit.
Thu 28/06/01 at 20:44
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Walkthroughs? What are they? I have never even heard of them.

Anyway wont this just be another thing that cheaters will be able to copy. Probably the reason Sniper said that they should not be put in for GAD.

(;o|
Thu 28/06/01 at 20:42
Regular
Walkthrough's shouldn't be part of GAD though just an extra reference for stuck gamers.
Thu 28/06/01 at 20:40
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Hmm I don't think that I need to worry really. My reviews will never reach the limit.

Speaking of reviews I would like to know if any of the notables/goo regulars would like to put forward maybe one of their reviews to go on my site. It will not be up for a while but I am constantly making it better and better.

Full recognition will be given to you and if you want you can give me a URL that you want me to link to (ie your homepage).

(;o|
Thu 28/06/01 at 19:50
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Dan, this is all your fault you do realise!

I think there should be two sections. One for short reviews and one for Dan's reviews :-D

Whaddya think Ali?
Thu 28/06/01 at 19:38
I think I am going to cry!

:( No wonder I couldn't fit my GBA review in the review section!!

You know where my future reviews will be going don't you...
Thu 28/06/01 at 19:29
There should be those ten word reviews, usually written by kiddies and published in the official Nintendo Mag - stuff like "the game is absolutely fantastic!" and "great!"
Thu 28/06/01 at 19:03
Regular
I've written a huge Walkthrough for conker at:

www.conkula.homestead.com
Thu 28/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That limit's easy to get round.
Thu 28/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
Tony, i think there's a problem with my M:SR review.

When i click on my details link, and then go too see reviews by this author, nothing happens. The page stays blank.

Just thought i'd let you know.
Thu 28/06/01 at 18:32
Hurry up with the walkthroughs,(no rush) I need loads of em. Its not cause I'm not a good gamer (er...hem) but I get easily side-tracked, and it will help to find out where I'm actually am, and where to go next.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.