GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reviews Shortened"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/06/01 at 17:34
Regular
The limit for reviews was recently reduced to 6000 characters. This is due to be further reduced to 4000 characters as we feel that most people prefere to read shorter reviews.

We hope to have a place for Walkthroughs soon with a much higher character limit.
Fri 29/06/01 at 12:23
Yes - it's now 4000.
Fri 29/06/01 at 12:22
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
6000 characters is not enough for some people. It don't bother me however.
Fri 29/06/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
6000 characters is ample. I don't see the problem.
Fri 29/06/01 at 12:02
THPS2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - OR Teeny Happy People Skating 2.

You decide.
Fri 29/06/01 at 11:59
Err, when is that 4000 thing going to be active? Now? I defy the character count then!

Yay!
Fri 29/06/01 at 11:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Ah, you know what needs to be put here....curse the language filter.

"Satan squatted, let out a loaf, stuck a title on it and stuck in the cinema"
Fri 29/06/01 at 11:24
Is the 4000 characters - with or without spaces?
Fri 29/06/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> Short reviews are top.

Train Game:
It's a game about
> trains.

GT3:
Car game with added Vroom

MGS2:
Better than a
> kwit-fit fitter.

These are not reviews posted in here, merely
> expressing my love of concise reviews.

GoatBoys Encapsulated Reviews...

Whats your encapsulated review of Basic Instinct man?
Fri 29/06/01 at 11:09
Why should SR ban people from posting reviews here? The new lower character count will mean that people copying reviews - generally those which span the full 10,000 characters - from another source will not be able to post in the reviews section unless they shorten it - I doubt they'd have the knowhow though, seeing as all they can do is copy and paste. If they do need to post it (the cheating people) they can post in the forums, people can read, become suspicious and complain - having the cheats eliminatd from the website.

However, those, like myself and others who legitimately post longer than 4000 character reviews will find it hard to cut down in size, possibly, and may need to post in a forum. Maybe there should be a new reviews forum for reviews longer than the allowed amount? I honestly think that'd be a good idea, but then I did just think of it and someone else may have done already, if that is the case, I agree with them.

Now, as I currently type a THPS2 review, I am going to try and make it 4000 or less. Shouldn't be too hard due to all the lost modes and features in the GBA game compared to the console versions.

Anyway

Don't ban people who don't do any harm.

Gargoyle.
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:31
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
I NEED YOUR REVIEWS!!!! NOW!!! Come on you Notables put a review forward to be put on my site. Also any reviews from GOOD regulars will be great as well. You will get full recognition for the review and I will put up a link to, say your homepage, or whatever else you want to be linked to.

(;o|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.