GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tim who?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 20:56
Regular
Ah yes, British tennis is picking up, and as many of you should be watching right now on BBC2 - our very own newfound British superstar has emerged from losing the first two sets convincingly to the world's greatest tennis player of recent times, to being in the final and fifth set, about to lose unfortunately.

Oh he has just lost! BUT HEY!!

Barry Cowan is an absolute hero - he turned the third set round and won the forth, but Sampras won, as we all expected.

So what does this mean?! Well, Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski are both on form - winning their second rounds, but it always looked ominous for a player that I had never heard of before.

Cowan has shown what we brits are good at - and full credit to him, he'll be all over the back pages as this really wasn't expected to happen - determination. WOW!

I have to say this match was one of the greatest I have ever witnessed, with Cowan never giving up, I am sure his 250 + ranking in the world will be dramatically reduced.

Don't you just hate that Sampras sweat drip? Grr that annoys me.

Anyway - well done Mr Cowan.

Your thoughts?

He played with style, stamina and confidence. I had the feeling he wouldn't win, but the hope was always there. Darn good player, with a very, very bright future - look out Henman, this guy's one of the best.

Excellent backhand, superb flair and serve.

Dan2K1
Tue 03/07/01 at 17:21
Regular
Tim won!!! Come on my son!!!
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:57
Regular
Is Henman through? I'm at work and i don't know any results.
Mon 02/07/01 at 23:42
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Like we didn't, ahem, know that...

Just you wait until Wimbledon
> is over, Greg will be number one.

Wimbledon 2002*
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:10
You do not know much about Tennis if you think Greg will be British No.1 after Wimbledon do you? Tim Henman is such a better player than Greg. Greg has got far more weaknesses than Tim, and Tim is better than Greg in more aspects of the Tennis game. Greg can only serve! That's about it.
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:06
Like we didn't, ahem, know that...

Just you wait until Wimbledon is over, Greg will be number one.
Sun 01/07/01 at 20:31
Greg may have got the fastest serve in the world but this is only of use when the ball is served without a fault and a lot of the time, Greg is serving faluts and so you do not always see his best serves. Tim Henman is said to be the best at volleying in the owlrd and he is always trying to use these shots in the game. He hardly ever loses a point through a volley shot which has gone wrong.

So far in this years Wimbledon has also shown us that Greg doesn't seem to get as many aces as most people would have thought. He has only served about 55 aces compared to some people who have served in the 90's.

One last thing I would like to point out is the fact that Tim is the British No.1 and Greg is No. 2.
Sun 01/07/01 at 19:58
Greg has more chance in my view, but they're both on form. Tim may look as though he's going to lose a match when he loses the first set, but he nearly always comes back - he plays better when behind - then picks up momentum and improves.

Sampras or Rafter or Hewitt, but it'd be nice to see Greg or Tim in the semis.
Sun 01/07/01 at 19:55
I think Greg has got more of a chance then Tim to win Wimbledon. Tim's game is too hit and miss, up and down, unlike greg whos serve is brilliant, after all he does hold the world record for the fastest serve on record.

If Greg doesnt win then I think it wll either be Sampras or Hewitt who wins. Agassi is too old and Safin isnt playing well enough!

Seeya
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:46
I agree with Ice Blaster in saying Tim will win Wimbledon, (hopefully) and he will definitely do better than Greg.
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:28
Regular
"Back in black"
No NO- Tim for Wimbledon, hell play his best stuff this week!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.