GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY ATTRACT PEOPLE TO SHOPS - WINNERS ANNOUNCED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 16:32
Regular
As the adjudicating officer for the retail store extra Gameaday prize(s) I, The Only Tony, hereby declare the official results of this competition.

While the quantity of entries was high the quality was "none too hot" with many "fantasy schemes" often involving females.

I must disallow any general suggestions of games championships as we did these last year and we are running them this year. I would have taken a different view if the ideas for these had been worked up into fully suggestions (with details).

As I am judging this I can hardly award my own "Two Can Play at This" idea the prize - though undoubtedly we will use something similar for an "introduce a friend" incentive.

YH had a good notion about working with schools and Meka came up with "People are Stupid" idea to give safety advice with every game!

Rakuga deserves a mention for persistence and I particularly liked his suggestion of a One Day Sale. IF we decide to do that then he will get a prize. The problem with one day sales is that once people get used to (even) lower prices they are resistant to buying at the normal prices.

Rakuga also suggested giving better directions to the shops.

I liked Namostar's idea of placing addresses of the shops on internet banners. We'll use this so Namostar - you are A WINNER.

The second winner is Fantasy Meister. He made a couple of reasonable suggestions including better promotion of Reddies. But his idea which caught my imagination was to print an 8 digit number on the receipts for people to match with a number on the internet. This gives us the possibility of running Gameaday in the shops. I'm not sure if we will actually use it but it is the best idea (in my view).

A difficult competition which has clearly stretched imaginations to the limit. Thank you for entering.

Congratulations to NAMOSTAR and FANTASY MEISTER and I won't forget Rakuga IF we use the one day sale idea.

These are the original rules.

The next amazing Special Reserve competition (another one!) is to suggest ideas for attracting people into our Big Club Shops.

The main objective here is to think about the cost effectiveness of your ideas. In order for them to work they need to be, yes you guessed it, low on cost and high on impact.

If you haven't visited all or any of our shops then get yourself down to your local shop and check them out! Visit our Big Club Shops page for further details: http://special.reserve.co.uk/common/shops/shopsindex.php

This competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 27th July 2001 *********MIDNIGHT*********

The challenge has been set. Good luck!
Page:
Mon 13/08/01 at 22:37
Regular
"everyone says it"
Tony wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> But Tony, the GOTY? Inspired by me at
> all?

er-no - I know you have mentioned this a few times but we
> did one last year and therefore its not a new idea. I didn't read
> this thread until last night.

You may have had some influence on
> it, but I can't class it as your idea.

Have I suggested that you
> invent rectangular blocks for building houses with?

Tried that. People complained because they were always cutting themselves on the corners.

tch... man...
Mon 13/08/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
(Rakuga like a little puppy dog obeys all Tony's tricks.. "Sit"... "Stay" while dangling a copy of Max Payne in front of his nose)
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:46
Regular
"always swirling"
nnnnooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
i didn't win!!!!!
ohwell.

well done you 2.
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
ty YH
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:24
Regular
ongrats Namo and FM!

Well done!
Mon 13/08/01 at 10:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
er-no wrote:
> But Tony, the GOTY? Inspired by me at all?

er-no - I know you have mentioned this a few times but we did one last year and therefore its not a new idea. I didn't read this thread until last night.

You may have had some influence on it, but I can't class it as your idea.

Have I suggested that you invent rectangular blocks for building houses with?
Mon 13/08/01 at 03:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Do you know what it feels like to find out you've won a GAD at 3:48 AM?

*FM grabs his cat and dances around the room madly, high on Red Bull and coffee, forgetting all about his Microsoft Visual C++ 'Missing Disc' problems*

*FM's cat (Lily) untangles herself and shoots out of the door, hurtling down the stairs to find solace in the kitchen*

*FM decides another coffee is in order to celebrate and follows her*

*Lily jumps out of the window*

FM: Normal service will be resumed shortly...
Mon 13/08/01 at 00:30
Any plans for any shops further north than Nottingham? I could cope with Leeds, Sheffield, Derby or even Bradford? But please if you do come north PLEASE DO NOT GO TO MANCHESTER. Everything (shops, decent concert venues etcetc) are in Manchester.
Sun 12/08/01 at 23:32
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
There are no Special Reserve Shops anywhere in Ireland!!!!
Are they all just over in Britain?
Sun 12/08/01 at 23:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Yay, got another mention!

Meka.. enter into my Xtra Gameaday!
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.