GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo: The Fall Of Reach"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Received my brand new copy today and im already 133 pages in. What can I say I havn't read anything for years and this only caught my eye after I completed Halo and went crazy over it. It starts back when Master Chief was only 6 and follows through his life and how he became to be the most promising out of the SPARTAN II project. As Master Chief grows older it discribes about his first encounter with the Covenant and also goes into detail about his armour and why "normal" people cant use it.

All in all a great book so far and I cant wait to read the next in the series.
Fri 23/07/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Master Chief wasn't SPARTAN II that was the code name for the project he was a test subject to. His codename was 117 John and now is Master Chief.
Fri 23/07/04 at 00:11
Regular
"Insert Gently"
The next two in the series are 'The Flood' and 'First Strike'

The Flood is pretty boring and just goes over the game, its like reading a walkthrough for the game. The only good thing about it is the book mentions stuff that was going on whilst Master Chief is kicking the s**t out of Covenant and the Flood, plus this book is written by another guy William C. Dietz. It's worth reading to see what was going on while you were 'playing' the game and it also tells from a Covenant point of view...

First Strike was a very good read and begins as soon as you leave Halo, when it begins to explode, just after the game. I recommend this book to anyone that has played Halo or that is waiting for Halo 2.

The book touches upon the gap between Halo and Halo 2 and gives a deep insight into the Halo 2 plotline. After finishing this one I felt like I had spoilt the wait for Halo 2, becuase First Strike exposes alot of spoilers, they don't so much ruin it but I would have prefered to be shocked when these revealations and secrets come to light in the game. Not going to say anything i'll leave it for you to enjoy the book

I enjoyed reading The Fall of Reach and First Strike as they were well written and gave a deep insight on who Master Chief is and how he became a SPARTAN II. First Strike is my favourtie out of the series, mainly because of the 'spoilers' that are mentioned, extremely recommended to any Halo fan waiting for Halo 2.
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:33
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
And god dammit its the Xbox forum.
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Received my brand new copy today and im already 133 pages in. What can I say I havn't read anything for years and this only caught my eye after I completed Halo and went crazy over it. It starts back when Master Chief was only 6 and follows through his life and how he became to be the most promising out of the SPARTAN II project. As Master Chief grows older it discribes about his first encounter with the Covenant and also goes into detail about his armour and why "normal" people cant use it.

All in all a great book so far and I cant wait to read the next in the series.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.