GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It may annoy people but what the hay!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 22:15
Regular
The last two years have seen the inlux of tweenager listening to rock/alternative music. I'm not critercising the music as I listen to alot of it but it seenms as though it is now more of a fashion statement than anything else. Camden Town must be booming with the money they're making of Limp Biskit hoodies.

I'm glad that more rock bands are going to release more singles but it seems as though the 'fans' see that you have to dress in baggie trousers and a limp biskit hoodie to be a part of everyone else. They have to comform to everyone, it seems so trendy. They also wear the gloomy expressions on their face.

this is not suppose to be offensive I just want people, if there are any, to prove me wrong.
Fri 29/06/01 at 20:32
Regular
"You've upset me"
VenomByte wrote:
> S'no fun arguing with a proper fan. ;)

Lol!

Where's a nice
> bandwagon-hopper when you need one?

Try Spider...

:-)
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
"smile, it's free"
S'no fun arguing with a proper fan. ;)

Where's a nice bandwagon-hopper when you need one?
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:50
Assitent?!?!!?

I can spell :P

Meant to be Associated

And that would down there is a wouldnt :)
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:49
I get it alot.

Wtf You like Limp Bizkit?!?!
Slipknot... GREEBO
KoRn, Who??

And im not going to pretend for a second that I dont love that reaction, Because I do. I do enjoy the "Image" that is assited with me now. But at the end of the day, if I was only in it for the image, I would bother going to see bands live, buy albums, posters etc. I would buy a cheap hoody, learn the front mans name, and boast to all my friends. Luckily Im not like that.

I have been to about 6 gigs this year, including a couple of festivalsl, I must have spent close to £500 in my life. You think im going to do that all for a image. Dont think so :)

Ooooh that reminds me, better order my reading ticket :D
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:44
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I know lots of people who are into Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach and the like (including my brother), and they all have pretty much the same attitude. You're obvioulsy different.
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:37
*WARNING* Post is littered with sarcasm.

You know what Venom. Your Right. I have been listening to limp for 2 years now, Have bought all of their albums, have posters, and videos because I like the image. Oh wait. Wheres My Red Cap?? I dont have one. Three Quater Length Trousers. Nope. Do I wear full body make up?? nope. Well there goes that theory.

It must because I want to fit in then. Right?? Fit in with all the other people who had never heard of limp. Oh wait.... That cant be right either.

Ok so its cause I want to be different. Yes that must be the only reason. Not because I love the music that they produce. No that couldnt be the true reason. Could it?
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:34
Regular
"You've upset me"
Naive
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Goatboy wrote:
This sounds like one of
> those "I liked this band waaay before you did, I'm much
> cooler"

Yep, that's what I thought when I read his post too.

The amusing thing about all this, is that the 'original' fans get somewhat irritated when the band becomes more popular, because it detracts from the image they were aiming for. Of course, the reason all these new fans decide they like the band, is also because they want to be associated with that image...

Strikes me it's like a large collection of similar people, all of whom want to be different.
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:26
I guess the song is, in the end the most important thing, but if I feel that the band does not care for its fans, or would rather screw me up the back side, than put the fans over the money, then that is a band I do not want to fund.

Again I know i am being nieve, I know that in the end almost all bands are in it for the money, but I still like to think that the "real" bands I listen to do actually give a damn about me.
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:19
Regular
"You've upset me"
I also listen to rock.punk/whatever you wanna call it... Blink 182 are in fct my favourite band. But, like Le Chuck, I have also heard of many other bands.

The thing is with me is that I'm not one who has a personal favourite type of music. It's the song that matters, if there's a song by Blink 182 that I don't like then I'll say so. But if the happens to be a pop song by steps that comes aong and I happen to like then I won't be ashamed of that.

To me it's the song and the song only that matters, not the type of music.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.