GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NES/GBA SP revival"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 21:18
Regular
"mighty_Whites™"
Now that the NES is 'being revived' via the SP with certain classics...do you think the might bring Metal Gear back?
Wed 28/07/04 at 13:04
Regular
": ("
YAY!

I've just received my GBA SP NES limited edition!

*plays pirated mario*

Shush!
Dont tell anyone.

:)
Sun 25/07/04 at 21:21
Regular
Some Commordore 64 ROMS are legal - it depends on the game and the publisher.
Sun 25/07/04 at 19:59
Regular
The other 2 include games such as Mario: Lost Levels, Pacman, Goeman, Castlevania, Kid Icarus, a few titles I've never heard of, Zelda 2 etc... etc...
Sun 25/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Actually some Roms are fully legal - there is at least one site that allows subscribers to download commodore C64 roms legally, and there are quite a few legal roms for various platforms.

The key thing is that the developers/owners have to give permission - and in many cases they know there is no profit left in them so they do.
Sun 25/07/04 at 18:39
Regular
"mighty_Whites™"
OK, so no chance of Metal Gear...I have a suggestion...
Sun 25/07/04 at 16:23
Regular
Roms aren't legal even if you do own the game.

You are allowed one copy for archival purposes, only to be used if the original should be destroyed for some reason.

Therefore, if you're using roms, even if you own the games, then you are breaking the law.

I would find a terms and conditions agreement to quote, but I can't be bothered.
Sun 25/07/04 at 15:14
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i think they should allow certain roms to be legal, even if u dont own the game, its the least they could do given we spend on average £30-£40 per game nowadays.
Sun 25/07/04 at 09:59
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Edgy wrote:
> Just like you could get the original two Zelda games here...

And over in Japan as well. What I was implying is that the Japanese tend to get everything, where as we get the scraps...if it hasn't happened in Japan then we will not get it, simple as that.

Same with Stars, the Japanese get more stars the closer they buy something to the release date, and with the NES classics (or Famicom history I think they were called over there) they received a large collectors box for the Famicom GBA and the original 10 games if they bought them all and registered online.

By comparison we got the range, cut down to 8, released several months later than the rest of the planet, with no new stuff to the Stars catalogue at all other than a crappy screesaver and wallpaper. Nintendo loves Europe....
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:13
Regular
"mighty_Whites™"
Solskjær wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> "Nintendo have done 3 sets of NES classics."
> -----
>
> I've asked before, but would you happen to know which games are in
> the other 2?

I think there is:
Pacman
Super Mario Bros.
and something else...
Sat 24/07/04 at 19:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Dringo wrote:
"Nintendo have done 3 sets of NES classics."
-----

I've asked before, but would you happen to know which games are in the other 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.